I tried to download Live Messenger and of course since I am on Verizon I don't have access to it. My wife uses MSN Live Messenger for IM's so I wanted to be able to use that as an IM with her.

It looks like I can't use it so I am looking for any other options that you all might know about. Is there anything out there that will allow me to communicate with someone on MSN messenger?
    ...oh, and the more free the better.

Thanks
    10-11-07 12:08 PM
    Download JiveTalk. Its free to demo for 30 days and when the demo is up you'll want to spend the $30 to buy it - its the best IM program around.
    10-11-07 12:15 PM
    As per Azeis, JiveTalk is the best option. But, even better still get your wife a BlackBerry, too, and then you can chat via BlackBerry Pin Messenger!!!
    10-11-07 12:22 PM
    If I'm Using Jivetalk does the other person on the other end need to as well or does it work with other programs (live messenger in this case)?
    Sorry if that's a stupid question, I don't really use IM.
    Last edited by bravo; 10-11-07 at 12:26 PM. Reason: misspelling
    10-11-07 12:24 PM
    Lets take this bad boy for a spin. Thanks for the advice, guys!
    10-11-07 12:28 PM
    OK, used it for five minutes and I already love it!
    10-11-07 12:43 PM
    If I'm Using Jivetalk does the other person on the other end need to as well or does it work with other programs (live messenger in this case)?
    I just checked out the link and answered my own question. I'll have to check it out. I'm still open to other options if anyone has some free ideas.
    Thanks
    10-11-07 12:47 PM
    It works with all IM programs. So the other person just needs to have IM on a device or PC - in your case MSN. It will work fine however your wife accesses MSN. So to answer your question, the other person does not need it at all.
    10-11-07 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD