Hi all,

I'm a new user and have a Macbook pro laptop. I just purchased the Blackberry 8830 World Edition handheld smartphone. I wanted to have the ical apple feature on my blackberry. The only way to do this is to purchase the missing sync program by mark-space.

Does anyone have the "missing sync" program and how do you like it for the blackberry and Macbook? Have you experienced an problems with loading or syncing?

I would appreciate it if anyone could respond and help me out with my questions.

Thanks and have a nice day,

B E
    01-11-09 10:47 PM
    Without question, this product is an absolute FAILURE for me. Do NOT waste your money. I have a new Macbook Pro and a BB 8830. Didn't synch from the first try, I cried foul, and Missing Sync said I can't get my money back. Right after that, their newsletter claiming that they'd fixed the synch issue between MBPs built in October 2009 and BB 8830s: that would be the issue they didn't mention on their website when they sold me the product. They also sent a hilariously lengthy set of instructions on how to reset everything, restart, etc., and it still did not work. It has never worked, with one exception, and that was a partial sync. After that, nothing again. I WOULD NOT WASTE MY $40 IF I WERE YOU. It is NOT easy, it does NOT work. I had no luck with PocketSynch either. Have fun.
    01-29-09 07:33 PM
    I hate to differ, but I've had good results wtih the Missing Sync for BB.
    It's not perfect, but it does sync my BB8830 WE with my Mac Mini. I get my iCal calendars and Adresss book on to my BlackBerry, and entries made on the BB appear on my Mac. Well worth the $40 for me.

I have heard of problems with the newer MacBooks (unibody), but they are working on a new version. There is also a public beta which you can try free of charge. PM me for the beta link.
    01-30-09 12:07 PM
    Why not use pocketmac syncmanager? It is free and does ical/addressbook sync.
    02-01-09 12:02 PM
    I use Missing sync with a macbook and have no problems with it. I sync with my contacts and calendar from Entourage.

i would recommend it.

TornAdo
    02-01-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD