OK. I read all the post online, so I have done some research on this topic. I am hoping someone can please help me get this phone on Metro PCS. Have anyone been successful adding a Blackberry to Metro PCS in the NE?

Steps I have taken:

1) I used UPST to unlock NAM, change the Blackberry reg ID: 2004, MIN1, MIN2, MOBILE NETWORK CODE 27, SID NIM LOCK 0, SID 6545, BAND PREFERENCE; AUTOMATIC,

2) AKEY: EMPTY
    3) OTKSL: FALSE
    4) HOME SYSTEM REGISTRATION: TRUE
    5) FOREIGN NID/SID REGISTRATION; FALSE

6) UPLOADED THE LATEST PRL : 02001 USING UPST

DIAL: *611 AND I reach Verizon. Tried PRL 0069: Same thing. Tried PRL 0068, Same thing. I would either reach American Roaming Network, Sprint or Verizon NO METRO PCS.

I tried changing the mobile network preferences: Home/Automatic, Extended Network A/B same THING!!!!! I have been working on this for the past few days!!!!! Only thing I have'nt tried yet is change the SPC code to 000000 as CMDA Workshop keeps giving me "Check Range Errors", but I doubt that an SPC code would prevent it from picking up Metro PCs towers. OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!
    06-01-09 11:26 AM
    Im not sure if you can add this phone to metro pcs
    06-02-09 06:47 PM
    Yes you can but Metro PCS has to flash it. If you do it your self they will not accept it.
    06-02-09 06:52 PM
    i see lots of people bringing cdma blackberries to metroPCS
    06-05-09 06:27 PM
    I have a friend that tried to flash a Verizon BB to MetroPCS and she was told that they are no longer flashing other carrier BB's to their network. Guess they are trying to push their $500 berry.
    06-05-09 06:38 PM
    make sure u have the correct SID. I had an issue with that when i flashed my storm to metro but it works fine now. call metro and find out what the correct home SID is for your area cause it varies depending on ur location.
    08-09-09 01:02 AM
    SID should be 6503

NOT -6545

10-01-09 11:39 AM
    How does flashing change any of this. Is this changing the core os? Is this done with app loader? Once flashing is done, does HRT show MetroPCS entries or the original carrier of the phone.

I have a 8830 which i activated on us cell. It was a verizon phone, i uploaded new os 4.5 or whatever and *228 and it went to vzw. HRT was all vzw. It worked just not *228. Once I loaded the correct PRL for US Cell then when i *228 it goes to US Cell. I could never find someone to explain how the HRT is generated and how to change the carrier presets of going to a certain address and such.
    10-01-09 02:34 PM
    @Blackberryproned Where you able to get this working?
    11-12-09 01:07 PM
    All you have to do is upload the 2003.prl and set the sid to 6503. This is not the worlds easiest Sprint branded phone to convert to Metro, but it can be done. I am talking on mine right now and it only took about two hours to read all the posts and download the software necessary.

From what I understand full functionality is possible with the Metro WAP connection and your own personal BIS server with some RIM software.

I am going to work with it a while, use the phone and decide if I even like it. Very hard to get use to after being on Nokias forever.
    11-16-09 02:23 PM
    i had a fully flashed BB curve 8330 from verizon to metro pcs but accidently i did the updates and deleted my browser now i cant get into the internet it asks me for service books how can i get that?
    01-23-10 11:18 AM
    i had a fully flashed bb curve 8330 from verizon to metro pcs but accidently i did the updates and deleted my browser now i cant get into the internet it asks me for service books how can i get that?
    i can fix that for u..

Send me a message..
    02-03-10 02:17 PM
    I want to thank everyone for their input in the past and I am greatful. My main concern is, does anybody have updated info and is this is still permitted by metro pcs. Also, do we know what features are lost if any?
    I have just gotten a verizon 8830 we and would really appreciate the help. I don't want to waste a good phone if these features are lost and cannot be reversed. Thank you all.
    03-19-10 04:17 PM
    Can you help me on getting full functionality on my BB as well? I have a Verizon 8330 that has been flashed over to Metro PCS, but all I can do is talk and text. Your help will be greatly appreciated..
    03-23-10 08:40 PM
    i had a fully flashed bb curve 8330 from verizon to metro pcs but accidently i did the updates and deleted my browser
    ..could u help me too please
    04-24-10 03:11 AM
    I want to thank everyone for their input in the past and I am greatful. My main concern is, does anybody have updated info and is this is still permitted by metro pcs. Also, do we know what features are lost if any?
    I have just gotten a verizon 8830 we and would really appreciate the help. I don't want to waste a good phone if these features are lost and cannot be reversed. Thank you all.
    You will get Talk, Text, Web Internet, Picture messaging...
    The flash wont be reversed but you wont be able to use the BBM and the email feature but you can use g-mail to route your email to the phone...

Take care
    04-25-10 09:09 PM
    Can you help me on getting full functionality on my BB as well? I have a Verizon 8330 that has been flashed over to Metro PCS, but all I can do is talk and text. Your help will be greatly appreciated..
    You can PM ( private message ) me..
    where do u stay?>

Take care
    04-25-10 09:11 PM
    i had a fully flashed bb curve 8330 from verizon to metro pcs but accidently i did the updates and deleted my browser
    ..could u help me too please
    PM me your location and how i can get to you.

take care
    04-25-10 09:11 PM
    i can fix that for u..

Send me a message..
    ok i have a BB 8330 from sprint i want to flash it to metro but the phones software has been updates and i get a read error while
    trying to read for msl/spc any help would be grateful thnx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 11:30 AM
    where are u located?
    07-29-10 03:10 PM
    ok i have a BB 8330 from sprint i want to flash it to metro but the phones software has been updates and i get a read error while
    trying to read for msl/spc any help would be grateful thnx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    where are u located?
    07-29-10 03:28 PM
    guys, you look like smart and active people here. I'm new to balckberry. I'm a student, I have metroPCS service (got it as its cheap) but got a blackberry 8830 from somebody which was Verizon world edition. I read most of the these online forums and peopel asked me to download prl from corolada prl site and got 0069.prl from that site and used QPST config to program. It gives me a error of NV_READONLY. How do I get over this? appreciate quick help in detail directions. I checked with one the shops local and they are asking for $100-120. I cannot afford that kind of money at this point of time. Appreacite help....
    08-12-10 07:06 PM
    I CAN GET YOUR INTERNET n MMS working on flashed blackberries..
    I can also flash for you OTA ( from my computer )...for a fee !!!
    I can get your ESN added to Metropcs ..
    Contact me on 8172621819 (DFW Texas)
    or email [email protected]
    09-29-10 07:07 PM
    Myluvcandle ripped me off. He halfassed flashed my phone. I paid him and he said he couldn't finish. I sent my phone and he said he would return my phone and money. He sent back the phone and said someone must have stolen the money. This guy is a fraud. Trust me don't pay for his services.
    10-08-10 10:21 PM
    Myluvcandle ripped me off. He halfassed flashed my phone. I paid him and he said he couldn't finish. I sent my phone and he said he would return my phone and money. He sent back the phone and said someone must have stolen the money. This guy is a fraud. Trust me don't pay for his services.
    YOU RE NOT THE 1ST N WONT BE THE LAST PERSON I FLASHED THEIR PHONE..
    I HAVE FLASHED MORE THAN 10 PHONES FOR CRACKBERRY USERS.
    I COULDNT FLASH YOUR PHONE AFTER YOU MESSED IT UP WITH WHOEVER YOU GAVE IT TO AND I COULDNT READ IT, SENT BACK YOUR FULL MONEY IN MAIL WITH PHONE AS YOU REQUESTED AND YOU CLAIM NOT TO GET IT. I ALREADY BOUGHT SPC/MSL , ADDED ESN OF PHONE TO METRO ( i can provide his ESN for verification ) AND PUT IN ALL SETTINGS EXCEPT THAT YOUR PHONE WONT TAKE PRL ( read error ON CDMA WORKSHOP ) AND YOU SENT IT TO ME ( same thing after so many trials ) , I HAD NO OTHER OPTION THAN TO SEND YOUR MONEY BACK AS I COULDN'T GET IT TO WORK.
    MY FELLOW CRACKBERRY USERS WHO USED MY SERVICES WILL BEAR ME WITNESS, I FULLY FLASH YOUR BLACKBERRY PHONES TO METROPCS..

YOU CAN VERIFY FROM THE LIKES ON ZEK52, BBENJAM, katrachito014 , powerpuff1100 , BABYDOLLISH , ShaunDewskie ,Thatgalcilly , [email protected] etc AND SOME CAN EVEN CONFIRM ME USING THE REMOTE ACCESS TO FIX THEIR INTERNET AND MMS FOR FREE.. POWERPUFF IS ONE OF THEM...... IM CLEAN AS A WHISTLE !!!

THIS GUY WANNA RIP ME OFF HIS FULL MONEY X2 PLUS ALL THE FEES I WASTED TO GET HIS SPC/MSL AND ESN ADD TO METRO !!!

YOU ARE HEARTLESS !!!
    Last edited by myluvcandle; 10-08-10 at 10:55 PM.
    10-08-10 10:39 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD