In the App store there are memory cleaning programs such as MemoryBooster, that are, as I've been told, free up "working" memory. How does this differ, if at all, from the memory cleaner found in Options>Security Options>memory cleaner? Does the built-in memory cleaner help the File Free to any degree? TIA.
    04-08-09 10:49 AM
    I don't know much about MemoryBooster (well, nothing really, but I can tell you that using the memory cleaner won't free up a significant amount. That's not what it's for. It scrubs sensitive information (key stores, etc) from the memory to make the device harder to hack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 06:00 PM
    I don't know much about MemoryBooster (well, nothing really, but I can tell you that using the memory cleaner won't free up a significant amount. That's not what it's for. It scrubs sensitive information (key stores, etc) from the memory to make the device harder to hack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That makes sense, since it's located in Security Options.

I purchased Memory Booster a few days ago, thiking it would help free up File Free without the effort of a battery pull, which it doesn't; the developer says that it frees up "working memory." The thing is, though I run it several times a day, I have not noticed any observable or measurable improvement in my 8830's performance or function.
    04-08-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD