I have had my 8830 since release date. Last week the sensor under the click ball crapped itself. I had extended warranty and got a new one.

I went to re-install all teh apps I had but I am not getting out of memory messages when I know for sure it isnt!

I have the factory installed stuff (only English Language) and went to install the following:

Facebook
    twitterberry
    Pandora
    Ka_Glom!
    Viigo

Wont let me install Viigo. I deleted Google Maps as I dont use it and like magic I have 10meg of storage space and Viigo installed fine.

My point is, I had this stuff PLUS maps on my old one without an issue.

Do I have a faulty phone?

I am running v4.5.0.138 software

Cheers
    Last edited by Bigbarry; 08-24-09 at 10:12 AM.
    08-23-09 09:28 PM
    Did you have OS 4.5.0.138 on your previous 8830? Did you install Docs To Go? That will take more memory. Did you ever optimize the memory load on your previous 8830? The Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig may also help you.
    08-24-09 08:18 PM
    Were you running the same OS on both devices?
    08-24-09 08:31 PM
    You may want to try MaxMem, it's sort of an alternative to using Shrink-A-OS.

Frees up to 5MB of memory on your BlackBerry no matter what the type! Not only does it release memory, you will also feel a slight increase in response time. MaxMem will remove apps, themes, and files in your BlackBerry that you don�t use.

It does remove Voice Activated Dialing, Push to talk, and quite a few other pesky applications.

You can download it in the Apps section OTA by loading BlackBerryTrade.com Mobile on your device.

Installation Instructions

NOTE: To avoid data loss in case of error, such as accidentally deleting currently used theme, do a BlackBerry database back up using Desktop Manager. Most errors on the BlackBerry can be restored using Desktop Manager.

MaxMem will remove VAD and a few other things from your device, BUT when you use DM for anything it re-installs VAD and everything else you removed. Therefore we recommend that you leave MaxMem installed on your device so you can easily run the MaxMem process again after using the App Loader.
    Get it OTA, HERE.
    08-27-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD