I had a listing of several ringtones that I uploaded to my BB. My media card storage said 3.7 of 3.7 available, so I foolishly decided to format my card. Bad choice because now all my ringtones are MIA. However, if I look at my contacts, they are still programmed with their individual ringtone. So the question is...where are all of those ringstones being stored now?
    05-20-08 01:46 PM
    did you upload them from your machine? to your card or your device? if so, what did you use to upload them?

or did you just download them OTA?
    05-20-08 01:53 PM
    If you formatted your media card, your ringtones are probably lost.

Your ringtones are stored in the following location: "/Media Card/BlackBerry/ringtones/"

The default ringtones are stored in: "/Device Memory/samples/ringtones"

Bummer
    05-20-08 01:54 PM
    I uploaded them using my BB software on my computer.

What's weird is they are still programmed to my contacts and they worked...so they have to be in there somewhere, right?
    05-20-08 01:56 PM
    they're probably on your device itself... they were probably never on the SD card... do you have mass storage set up for your SD card

go to OPTIONS > MEDIA CARD
    check MASS STORAGE MODE SUPPORT
    should be ON

if it is, your SD card will pop up as a removeable drive (like a USB drive) and you can copy the mp3 file right into the "[drive letter]:\blackberry\music" folder
    05-20-08 02:23 PM
    Anything stored to SD card will be lost if you format card.
    05-20-08 03:08 PM
    I uploaded them using my BB software on my computer.

What's weird is they are still programmed to my contacts and they worked...so they have to be in there somewhere, right?
    Try this:
    Open Media Player/Ringtones/All Ringtones
    Highlight a Ringtone
    Click on the Menu button and scroll down to Properties
    This will show you the path that the ringtone is stored, either /Device Memory or /Media Card

Hope that helps...
    05-21-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD