Does anyone know of a marine tide perdiction program for the BB?
    08-09-07 10:25 AM
    That would be beyond sweet, especially if it could be location specific rather than location adjustable. We have a boat lift that is +/- 2.5 hours either side of low tide.
    08-09-07 09:50 PM
    Any suggestions from the more savvy members on how we go about getting a tide chart application on the BB device? There are 12,383 miles of US coastline. Surely there are more than 5 BB users that would LOVE a tide chart application.
    08-14-07 09:04 PM
    A Letter I wrote today to a developer of the Palms Tide Tool I hope he responds.
    Jess

[email protected]

Hi Walt;

I have used your tide tool for a few years now. I had to recently change smart phones to a Blackberry. They are pretty awesome devices but lack one the tool that I and many others like.

Tide Tool. Is there a way to port the program over to this operating system? I found the software developers kit at (url for bb sdk kit)

I see a few other people asking for this already on some sites forums (url for this forum)
    Please email me if you do decide to port or build this application.

Many Thanks and Yes I would gladly pay for this product.

Jessie Thompson
    12-20-07 09:14 AM
    Walt responded:

No easy way that I know of, sorry.

The source code is available if anyone else wants to try.

Sooo. if any one wants to try their hand a creating this he has the source code to start them off just write him at
    [email protected]
    or visit his website at
    www-dot-toolworks-dot-com
    Jess
    12-20-07 09:41 AM
    Have you looked at WXSYS?

They have specific marine forecasts, free beta, and OTA install.

WXSYS On Demand - Marine for BlackBerry

Good luck.
    12-20-07 10:06 AM
    Hate to to sound like a tight wad, but anything that's free? This is 12.99 per month.
    12-20-07 06:31 PM
    After doing a little searching, can anyone tell me if any of these will work on the 8830?

They duscuss different programs they will run, being a newbie, not sure what will work on the blackberry. Thanks

Well apparently being a newbie also means I can not send you the 3 links to look at.
    Can you tell me how to post?
    12-22-07 09:23 AM
    I live on the Maine coast and I use maineharbors.com
    I access that site through Opera and use full screen view. Perhaps your own state has a similar site.
    12-22-07 04:29 PM
    They do, I'm on the eastern shore of MD, but was looking for something cool. I use NOAA.
    The links would need www in front and com at the end.

wxtide32.com/#history

flaterco.com/xtide/files

stormy.ca/tides/index
    12-22-07 05:39 PM
    There is an xtide web service here:-

bobsbits.net/tides/

XTide Tide Prediction Server
    03-21-08 11:48 AM
    I have started using this.
    Ocean City, Maryland Surf Forecast and Surf Report
    Works nice with Opera Mini
    03-21-08 06:10 PM
    Wow;
    I still can not believe that someone has not tried to create a tide application for the Blackberry! I would pay for this application like many others. The tide tool was awesome and I would think someone out their could do this for the BB user community. I saw a site that offered 30 days of tides for 3.99 a month. If I wanted that I would just print or copy the tides and email them to myself. I just want an app that has it available at my finger tips.
    Jess
    03-24-08 11:04 AM
    I loved Tide Tool. I was thinking about it this past weekend when was down at the Jersey Shore for the first time with my Curve and no Clie. This is the only Tides thread I found. Guess I'll have to set up a bookmark to Accuweather.com or Weather.com.
    09-24-08 04:27 PM
    Tide Location Selection for Florida Atlantic

I use this one. I save the 14-day forecast as a text file and just drag it to my BlackBerry. The word wrap distorts it a little, but it's still easy to read once you get used to it.
    09-25-08 01:11 PM
    The only reason I've stuck with palm is for the tide tool program. Though I could log onto a website, do this or do that, its just so dang easy. Sometimes where I surf, the cell phones don't work, so always like the data on hand.

I get closer and closer to switching to either Blackberry or Apple Iphone (when they are available through Verizon) but without the simplicity of the palm tide tool and some other apps, can't seem to go to the dark side.

I also cannot find month view ICONS for a month at a glance view for BB. Do they exist?

Please, convince me to switch to BB.

Keith
    11-05-08 02:21 PM
    Does anyone know of a marine tide perdiction program for the BB?
    I just installed mobiletide from this site (it was 8 dollars but the demo is free)
    www.
    mobiletide.co.uk
    there is no subscription, just one time download.
    the default locations are pretty far between, but you can add custom locations,(i added all my fishing spots and they are dead on accurate!)

I have an 8130 and it works great!
    11-13-08 07:46 AM
    I am running muTide on my Bold. It is an adaptation of Xtides - an open source tide project. There is no program charge and no data charge to run this program. I had to compile it myself using the "rapc" tool from Blackberry. (You will need the Sun Java developement environment to install the Blackberry tools.)

Get mutides from tj-eichler.de/muTide
    (Forum won't let me post a URL!)

Thanks to Jorn Eichler for uTides and David Flater for XTide.
    11-13-08 06:52 PM
    Thanks for the info! So now I want to download it too (uTide), but cannot figure out how to. Can it be easily done by a novice? I think the main problem lies in the fact that I have no idea how to "compile" it myself. Is there hope for me?
    Thanks in advance!
    11-18-08 08:28 PM
    I just installed mobiletide from this site (it was 8 dollars but the demo is free)
    www.
    mobiletide.co.uk
    there is no subscription, just one time download.
    the default locations are pretty far between, but you can add custom locations,(i added all my fishing spots and they are dead on accurate!)

I have an 8130 and it works great!
    Do you download it to you BB Desktop manager or straight to your handset?
    I wonder if it will work on my 8100.
    12-30-08 03:17 PM
    I would also love to have a tide/surf forecast app and I am sure there are plenty of fisherman, boaters and surfers who would agree. Hope someone can work this out soon.
    03-13-09 06:55 AM
    I'm looking for this as well....I'm a bb noob, but it's starting to warm up and I would love to have a tide/surf report app.
    03-24-09 07:43 AM
    Try the new Tideberry app - tideberry.com

Just came out.
    03-27-09 03:40 PM
    tideberry is very very slow running on my 8350i
    04-05-09 05:27 PM
    It takes a few seconds to load on my Storm but after that it only takes about 1 sec. to get tide info on any location and searches are just about as quick.
    04-05-09 08:21 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD