Maybe, I'm just missing something, but when I read an email through my BB, Outlook marks it as being read, but when I read an email through Outlook, my BB still shows it as unread. Is this a setting I have missed? Or just me expecting too much.
    08-24-07 09:52 AM
    Nope, that's how it is, UNLESS you're using BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server)...

But, you can also try the reconcile option, but I don't think it's really suited for BIS users.

Messages / menu / Reconcile Now...
    08-24-07 11:11 AM
    My company does use BES, so is it a phone setting or BES? I talked to one of the IT guys with the same phone and it doesn't work for him either.
    08-24-07 11:18 AM
    Wireless sync needs to be on, and it should work within 2 minutes of said transaction...
    08-24-07 12:33 PM
    My contacts are synching wirelessly, does that mean the emails should? or is there another setting that i am missing? i added a contact today and it was almost instantaneously on my phone.
    08-24-07 05:25 PM
    ...should be the same for email, i.e. read, unread, delivered, etc, etc! Have you admin check all your settings! That's the beauty of BES, everything is WIRELESS!!!
    08-25-07 09:36 AM
    This morning I got an e-mail from BB saying that my e-mail address was invalid because of a change in password. I hadn't changed my password, and after several unsuccessful attempts to reset it on the BB site and on my handheld, I just deleted the account and added an account for an alternate e-mail address.

However, now my read/unread e-mail won't reconcile. If I read something in my online e-mail (Yahoo), it still shows as unread on my handheld. That wasn't the case before this e-mail problem I had this morning. Any suggestions?
    08-30-07 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD