I guess while I was removing the battery I lost the SIM card..... What information is on those cards and do I need a new one.... It seems to be working without it.....
    06-30-08 10:40 PM
    If you're not going to travel around the world, the SIM card isn't needed. As for information on your SIM card, I doubt that you saved anything on your SIM so that isn't something you should worry about. But if you do decide to travel abroad and are using your phone, call up Bell and they will help you replace your SIM.
    07-01-08 01:29 PM
    SIM cards are the "key" to let you use your providers network. The only personal information it could hold is phone numbers and that's ONLY if you save them to the SIM.

It seems Bell doesn't require a SIM card, so that's good!
    07-01-08 01:37 PM
    How sure are you that you lost the SIM. Did you have one bundled with your phone or are you just now noticing that your 8830 has SIM/GSM capabilities as well. By default Bell is a CDMA carrier and would not require the SIM for normal opperation as depicted above. I just have a feeling that you're leaving something out.... especially since the SIM won't just "fall out". It's not that loose when it's in the slot.
    07-01-08 02:01 PM
    Yeah, I find it really weird when a SIM is "lost" or "stolen," ... maybe stolen, but not so much lost.
    07-01-08 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD