I resently upgraded my Dell Inpsiron 6000 from XP Home Ed to Vista Home Premium and down loaded desktop manager 4.7. Upon restarting the computer I get a black screen saying I need to repair windows because of missing files and push a certain button to repair. that failed then it gives me an option to restore to an earlier time incase it was a newly installed program causing the problem. this does not work and the Dell refuses to reboot at all.
    I had to format and reinstall the OS. tried this twice and it has failed twice. I need desktop manager so I can back up my phone. Is this a blackberry software problem or a Vista problem? I don't want to go through this again.
    02-27-09 10:03 PM
    It sounds like a Windows problem. I suggest using DM 4.6. I don't know of any problems DM 4.7 has with Vista, but it causes problems when you try to upgrade your OS. DM 4.6 works better with the tools that are available from the forums.
    02-27-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks Jeff, I may keep my fingers crossed and try 4.6.
    I may try to contact windows Vista support first I think I have 30 days free support from my first request for help. I will let you know. I just don't want to start over for the third or fourth time on this computer.
    02-28-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD