I have read some post that state the keypad is easy to replace, I have a bad keypad (no keys missing) which keeps entering M, do the keypads come with a membrane or do I neet to replace the membrane and not the keypad?

iPhone looking pretty good now!
    07-21-08 09:17 PM
    Have you first tried a battery pull to check against stability issues? If that doesn't work, the keyboard on the 8830 is a complete unit. BTW, you could have asked this in the other post about the same subject you just posted.
    07-21-08 10:16 PM
    Have you first tried a battery pull to check against stability issues? If that doesn't work, the keyboard on the 8830 is a complete unit. BTW, you could have asked this in the other post about the same subject you just posted.
    Sorry, just went looking for keyboard on eBay and they post both keypads and membranes separately.

Also as stated in the other post pulling the battery has no effect, starts in the same screen as when the battery was pulled.

By the way I found another site which gave directions on replacing keypad and pulled the keypad which has no active components, its all in the membrane if you were curious
    07-21-08 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD