I lock my phone and put it in my pocket. The trackball keeps unlocking the phone when I hit it twice while in my pocket. In the last week, after I locked the phone and put it in my pocket, the phone has called 911 3 times, and sent over 100 repeat txt msg'es. What can I do, I enjoy the phone, but this is obviously a problem that I can't live with.
    11-07-07 01:36 PM
    Call US Cellular and get a new one, I'm thinking no matter how many batt pulls you do is gonna correct the issue, and calling 911 without an explanation is a huge problem, US cellular should be prompt to send you a new device.
    11-07-07 01:49 PM
    its not their fault, maybe i didnt make myself clear. When it is in my pocket locked. The roller gets bumped multiple times, and it is causing this to happen. I just did some more reading and maybe the standby mode is better than the lock function. Unless someone has any better ideas.
    11-07-07 01:55 PM
    Set a password that way is there no way it will unlock. Don't you have to press the * Call button though?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-07 05:40 PM
    Thats interesting. Whenever I have my phone unlocked, if I hit a button, it'll say its locked and pop up the 'Unlock', 'Emergency Call', 'Cancel' menu. When I click on 'Unlock' it then pops up another window saying to presse * - dial button to unlock. Is this just a Verizon OS feature? I always though it was odd that pressing 'Unlock' wouldn't just unlock the phone?
    11-12-07 01:04 AM
    Thats interesting. Whenever I have my phone unlocked, if I hit a button, it'll say its locked and pop up the 'Unlock', 'Emergency Call', 'Cancel' menu. When I click on 'Unlock' it then pops up another window saying to presse * - dial button to unlock. Is this just a Verizon OS feature? I always though it was odd that pressing 'Unlock' wouldn't just unlock the phone?
    If you set up a password you will have to enter that password before your bb will unlocked. Without a password it going to tell you to press * then dial button. It's not a Verizon feature, it's a BB feature.
    11-12-07 11:39 AM
    its not their fault, maybe i didnt make myself clear. When it is in my pocket locked. The roller gets bumped multiple times, and it is causing this to happen. I just did some more reading and maybe the standby mode is better than the lock function. Unless someone has any better ideas.
    Standby will work for you while its in your pocket if you're not wanting to get a holster.
    11-12-07 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD