CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Jum Error 102

A buddy of mine has a 8830. This afternoon he showed it to me and all you could see was a grey screen with JUM ERROR 102 in very small letters in the center of the screen. A three finger reset, nor a battery pull would clear this error.

He says it happened as he was making a call and another call was coming in. I guess he had a really bad collission problem.

The really sad thing is that this happened on MONDAY and Verizon says there are no replacement phones available. He has tried upgrading the OS, but the phone is not recognized by the install program.

He is obviously screwed by the phone error and by Verizon. They don't appear to be in much of a hurry trying to get his phone replaced. To make it more interesting, his phone is on a very large corporate account. You would think Verizon would try and do someting about it.

So, any ideas from the great knowledge base of this forum would be appreciated.
    BB 8830
    RIP BB 7290
    CrackBerry Addict

From what I have researched and read, "JUM Error 102", is related to an invalid code in the file system. There are temp. fixes but the error could come back again, so your best bet is to call up your carrier and explain the problem to them, and they'll probably swap you another 8830, depending on how long it's been, you might have to pay a fee. Another solution is that you send it out to an authorized repair center, and again, depending on how long you have had it, you might have to pay for shipping/handling fees and other charges.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

Do a search online, and download JL_CMDR. This does a CLEAN of the device, then you should be able to install an OS...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default I found the Java Loader

Thanks...I was actually able to speak to a RIM tech about the low volume ringer problem and I told him of my friends problem. He sent me the Java Loader and instruction by email.

I guess what has my goat is Verizon has apparently shown no interest in replacing this phone. I think five days it way to long for a very large corporate customer to have a dead product.

I am sorry, I just don't believe Verizon when they say there are no 8830s at any stores in the Birmingham, AL area and Verizon itself has no phones.

I advised him to walk into a Verizon phone saying he wanted to buy one of those new 8830s. When they get one out of the back, he should pull his non-functioning 8830 out of is pocket and demand they swap the dead one for the new one.

This guys corporate employer even sprung for the full international package and his has the SIM card in it.

I have not been able to call him this weekend, because his phone is dead. We may try the Java loader system wipe.
    BB 8830
    RIP BB 7290