Gang,

I've searched and searched, and I don't seem to be able to find a definitive answer to my problem. I have a spankin' new 8830 ((VZW) and I want to install a few 3rd party apps that don't have OTA installs. The problem is that I'm on a mac.
    Looking for a free solution (as I do NOT need this to sync anything, as that's all done wirelessly for me), I only could find pocket blackberry. In addition to it needing the true administrator of my machine to install, (even though I'm an admin too!) it won't even let me add my device now, so it's useless.

Therefore, I come hat in hand to you guys. What's my easiest, cheapest option to use for installing apps only on a mac? Thanks for any help,

-split
    02-07-08 05:55 PM
    Hi,

I'm also on Mac platform and I'm using BB Pearl. The only syncing manager I use on my Mac is PocketMac.Why? because it's free

But I do realize it have some minor issue especially when you install apps in your BB via PocketMac. All the application don't appear in your options>advance options>applications. It only appear as module and there's no way you can delete the module (only by reformat your BB). So, I have to rely on my PC just to install application.
    02-24-08 09:17 PM
    Sorry - but I had too...

Fix all your problems - by a Windows PC! :-)
    02-25-08 09:46 AM
    You want irony?

I DO run Windows on my Mac Powerbook (via Parallels) and I STILL can't make it work. It doesn't recorgnize the USB connection, blah blah blah.

oh well...

-split
    02-25-08 11:32 AM
    You could use PocketMac and install the applications through that. When you go up into Utilities, it'll have an option to install software.
    02-25-08 11:57 AM
    In that case - does it not recognize the USB port or does not recognize the bberry once it's plugged in via usb?
    02-25-08 12:02 PM
    I'm not sure, I think it doesn't recognize the USB port.

Honestly, at this point, the ONLY thing I'd use this app for would be to delete the one app I can't seem to delete (PacMan), and potentially to try to delete the built i stock photos it comes with, but that's it.

Therefore, I'm not sure I care so much about working to fix this problem.

Thanks though!

split
    02-25-08 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD