Upgraded from 8700 series to 8830 2 weeks ago. It is a company device, BES, Outlook, wirelessly synch'd.

Since initial activation, only part of my inbox messages come thru. My company tech support initially said 14 days worth of old mail will synch, but since my old BB was a replacement also and it worked fine, I attempted several activations with tech support and got a different amount of email each time. Tried wireless and wired activation and sycnhing--no better either way.

Currently oldest email that came across to device is from 21 jan.
    My question is "how is it supposed to work?" when I activate a new/replacement device--should i expect to have all of my inbox in the new device.

by the way, it is only about 43 emails total.

thanks
    01-28-08 02:03 PM
    Back to the top--c'mon, surely someone can answer my questions!
    01-30-08 07:35 AM
    On the BES console, in server properties and the pre-population tab you can select how many days of email to populate to the device when you perform a desktop or wireless Enterprise Activation from the Blackberry.

If the emails are still on the mail-server, the user's Sent Items and Inbox content (plus Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks) will automatically be downloaded to the Blackberry upon activation. The default is 5 days of messages, and 350 emails. When this is applied, the maximum number of emails will take the priority, ie. the prepopulation will stop as soon as 350 emails are downloaded.

On the BES server the highest settings that can be applied are a message prepopulation of 14 days, and a total message count of 750. These settings can be applied separately.

As for your woes, I assume you have sufficient free memory? Sorry, I have never come across this - and I must have made at least 150 wireless Enterprise activations. Are you wiping the device before you reattempt to perform another activation?
    Last edited by Berryman; 01-30-08 at 11:12 AM.
    01-30-08 11:08 AM
    I will speak with our IT staff. They have told me 14 days was max, but so far i haven't gotten 14 days worth of email to synch after multiple attempts at activations. A year ago i had to replace a broken device and everything synched on first attempt.
    01-31-08 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD