My spouse decided that Blackberrys were the perfect replacement for our Q's. I have been so disappointed and wonder why people even like, much less love, Blackberrys. I have a 8830 WE and two tech-folks have tried to get me set up so it actually fully syncs with my outlook email, however despite their best efforts:

1-when I send email from BB, it doesn't put a copy of the email on my network drive. The instruction book says how to turn this function off, so I assume one can have it on,but how? (Verizon said that even though its printed in their book that they gave me when they sold me this BB, it may not really be a function that works!)

2- When I delete email in outlook, it still appears on my bb - as if I don't have enough email to keep me happy..

3-When I read it in outlook, it appears unopened on my bb.

4- Is seeing my outlook folders/cabinet just too far-out? The only folder on bb is spam which is empty.

One tech said that I'd never really like BB because I was on a windows -based smart phone and that BB can never match that. Here I thought that BB must be better but I've been wrong before. Please tell me my nightmare is just ignorance and share exactly the solutions.

Thanks so very much.
    06-23-09 08:44 PM
    1-when I send email from BB, it doesn't put a copy of the email on my network drive. The instruction book says how to turn this function off, so I assume one can have it on,but how? (Verizon said that even though its printed in their book that they gave me when they sold me this BB, it may not really be a function that works!)
    You can set up a filter through your BIS so that anytime you send out an email, it blindcopies your outlook account. It is best to do this through a computer, not through your BB.

2- When I delete email in outlook, it still appears on my bb - as if I don't have enough email to keep me happy..
    The emails are saved on your BB. You can select multiple messages by hitting the shift key, and then scrolling over the messages you want to delete. Then hit the blackberry key to the left of the trackball, and hit Delete Messages. You can even delete more messages at once by scrolling to a date, hit th trackball, and then select Delete Prior. This deletes all of the messages from that date and older from your BB.

3-When I read it in outlook, it appears unopened on my bb.
    That is because the email is saved on your BB.

4- Is seeing my outlook folders/cabinet just too far-out? The only folder on bb is spam which is empty.
    This sounds like one advantage of the windows-based smart phone, but I may be wrong since I have never tried this.
    06-24-09 08:02 AM
    Your coming from the thought that your BB and Outlook are connected to each other. They aren't.

Your BlackBerry is not an extension of Outlook (BIS). It is a way of quickly receiving e-mails anywhere you are. Your BB doesn't know what is in Outlook, and vice-versa. Everything will go to Outlook (except if you choose to delete from handheld and server on your BB). Only what you read on your BB will go to your BB.

The BlackBerry wasn't meant to be a holder of all your e-mail. It was made so you can quickly see and respond to e-mail. It's definitely different that a WinMo device.

If you are on BES with an Echange Server, there are different rules and options for e-mail. But for most consumers running on BIS, it's not meant to be an e-mail storage device.
    06-24-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD