After all your help and advice, I finally made my order tonight.

One thing I learned is that with Sprint you can change your plan within the first six months of a new contract WITHOUT extending the period of your contract. I started light because I really only want my 8830 for the email and web -- except when I'm overseas on the infrequent trip.

I must admit that I also looked at the new Helio OCEAN and their pay-as-you-go plans. I was sorely tempted but in the final analysis, the kind of social networking support in BB forums like this made the difference. It would have been cool however to be, I'm sure, the oldest Helio user -- most Helio users are the right age to be my grandchildren.

Thanks again for all your patient help. I will be signing in as a newbie soon. I guess I'm have been a pre-newbie up to now.
    08-07-07 09:05 PM
    Nicely done! When are you expected to receive it? Post photos, and a review when you get it...

We'll wait -
    08-07-07 09:07 PM
    Congrats, I hope to see you on the forums welcoming newbies in the future.
    08-07-07 09:11 PM
    Congratulations!!! You'll be addicted before you know it and will have to change your plan!!!

It's a great phone, you'll love it. Let us know if you need help. I've had my 8830 for about a month now.
    08-08-07 03:24 AM
    A warm welcome to you bgerber!

I have friends that have the 8830 and love it.

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do!

Gia
    08-08-07 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD