I am getting an error with my new memory card when trying to access it from my BB. It says that there is an error with the card and that i need to run an error checking program with windows in order to fix the problem. It was working find until i did a system reset in order to fix some problems I was having, thanks to the BB customer support team at sprint. In my Media Manager, the card is coming up and showing no problems. Does anyone know what I can do to get it working again?!
    08-06-07 04:34 PM
    This is the error message:

"A Media Card has been insterted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer."
    08-06-07 05:07 PM
    Perhaps the memory card was corrupted some how when you reset the defaults? Have you searched on error messages you might receive if a media card is corrupt?
    08-06-07 05:41 PM
    Try this. Pull the battery with the power on, remove the media card, reinsert the battery. Let the device boot, then power it off and remove the battery again. Replace the media card, then replace the battery. Make sure the Media card settings are enabled, and see if you can access the card from your BB. If not, try formatting the card in device. If that does not work, try putting the card into a reader and either scanning it for errors (scandisk) or formatting it from your PC.
    Last edited by rrrebo; 08-07-07 at 06:07 AM.
    08-07-07 06:02 AM
    I suggest, like rrrebo said, doing this FIRST: try putting the card into a reader and either scanning it for errors (scandisk), copy the data (if you can get to it) to your pc, then format the card. Once the format is done, place the card into the device, make sure it's readable, now copy the data back to it...
    08-07-07 07:07 AM
    Did you ever get working???? i have the same problem, infact it turns out that many people do. I know nothing about tech stuff. but i took the battery out and re booted it and all that and still got the same message. I also checked it for errors and there were none. my main question is how do i format and what does that mean?
    04-14-08 02:22 PM
    ^^^ Go to Options/Media Card, then hit Menu and Format.
    04-14-08 07:14 PM
    I had the same problem when i tried to transfer some pics to my brother's voyager. I guess some how the files rearranged some way for the voyager to read it..he couldn't see anything on his phone and when he gave it back to me i had the same error msg. I hooked it up with the pc and all my media was erased.
    04-15-08 10:30 PM
    this sucks. it just happened to me, had to format. what am i going to do without my movies?
    02-25-09 09:02 PM
    How did you fix it, I'm having the same problem now. Glenn
    02-26-09 10:47 AM
    I have Storm w/ OS 109.
    No need to take card out of bb. when you connect bb w/ usb to computer, media card is read like a removeable hard disk.
    double click MyComputer --> highlight this bb card (if you see two (2) hard disks in bb, this Media Card is the one with the larger space-->Right click on it --> choose Properties (last command down) --> tools --> error checking --> ckick on Check Now --> check both emplty boxes --> click start. When you are finished things should be back to normal. To check: On your bb monitor double click on Media --> click on Menu --> choose/click Explore --> Hopefully you should see Media Card with things in it.
    03-09-09 10:38 PM
    did you reboot?
    03-09-09 10:51 PM
    I had the same problem when i tried to transfer some pics to my brother's voyager. I guess some how the files rearranged some way for the voyager to read it..he couldn't see anything on his phone and when he gave it back to me i had the same error msg. I hooked it up with the pc and all my media was erased.
    Thats how it happened to me lesson learned, do not go around slippin your memory card into other peoples slots! especially the voyager... p.s. my brickbreaker score is currently 1,150,210 cuz im da boss
    08-21-09 02:08 AM
    I have Storm w/ OS 109.
    No need to take card out of bb. when you connect bb w/ usb to computer, media card is read like a removeable hard disk.
    double click MyComputer --> highlight this bb card (if you see two (2) hard disks in bb, this Media Card is the one with the larger space-->Right click on it --> choose Properties (last command down) --> tools --> error checking --> ckick on Check Now --> check both emplty boxes --> click start. When you are finished things should be back to normal. To check: On your bb monitor double click on Media --> click on Menu --> choose/click Explore --> Hopefully you should see Media Card with things in it.
    I have a BB Curve. This solution was fast and effective for mine. Thank you for taking the time to post.
    11-29-09 12:32 PM
    I'm also having the same problem I've formatted the memory card on my phone and on the computer. I have also run the error checks on the computer and they say they've been fixed and when I put it back in the error mesage still comes up. It's getting to the point now where it won't sync anything on my device and says that there is an error and when I run the error check it still comes up. I have also tryed taking the batteryout and re booting etc. Any ideas or solutions?x
    12-15-09 03:38 PM
    I have Storm w/ OS 109.
    I did what you said with just using the usb plug instead of taking out the card and that worked! I thought I had lost everything cause I did try taking out my card and that did not work, I did lose some pic but for the most part I got what I wanted back and just wanted to say thanks and good luck to everyone else
    05-03-10 12:19 PM
    I have had to do this twice this month and I hate it, I still have not recoverd some of my things from the first time, and my phone has not been the same since, as much as I like Blackberry im thinking about letting it go for just this reason, T-mobile said this is common with the media cards in bb but this is the first time i have had this problem and this is my 3rd bb I have the bb 8900 wish me luck I hope I dont have to do this again but thanks you for your help
    05-18-10 04:23 PM
    I tried the suggestions in the posts re: formatting, etc. When I try to format the card from the BB (I have a Curve 8330) it just says it can't format it. When I try reading it with my PC directly it doesn't find the card at all.

Am I just totally hozed? Time for a new card?
    05-24-10 05:44 PM
    Now, on top of the media card issue, I am getting the following message when I try to run media manager on the blackberry desktop software:

MS Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error
    Mediamanager9.exe
    R6025-Pure virtual function call

Are these related to the media card issue or is this likely unrelated?

I get this message without the card even inserted in either the BB or my PC, so I'm guessing this may be totally unrelated.

Any help is much appreciated.
    05-24-10 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD