Guys-
    Please pardon me if this question was already answered. How can I get mp3's from my computer along with mpeg, wmv, or whatever type of vids I have to put on my 8830?? Now, keep in mind that I've tried the desktop manager thing but it keeps telling me that it can't transfer the file. I have an 8 gig memory chip in my phone and I definately don't want it to go to waste. I know it will take a little time to explain and a lot of typing on someone's part, but I will greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!
    02-09-08 07:41 AM
    1. Close Desktop Manager
    2. Connect your BlackBerry to the pc...
    3. On the device you should be prompted, "Enable Mass Storage". Enable it...
    4. If using Windows XP a window should open, and you should be able to browse DIRECTLY to the memory card in your BlackBerry...
    5. Copy and paste from your pc to your BlackBerry at will...
    02-09-08 08:39 AM
    BRILLIANT! (thanks for the help!)

Now ... is there any way to do this same thing from my mac and/or thru bluetooth?
    04-18-08 11:57 AM
    mac should work the same - mass storage support will let you use your bb like a jump drive via the sync cable. Music/Video/Picture files are too large to transfer via bluetooth
    04-19-08 11:53 AM
    Ok what about with windows vista? Nothing comes up and I cant get the desktop manager to find the files......
    04-19-08 11:25 PM
    With mass storage support turned on (mentioned above) plug your bb in w the usb sync cable. You don't need Destop Manager open. Vista will work in the background to install the device. It's likely that no window will pop up asking you what you would like to do next. That's ok. Once the device is recognized, you can go to start - computer - then open the "new" drive. It's likely to say bb8830. That's the memory card of your device. Open the folder that says Blackberry and you will find 4 folders: music ringtones pictures and videos. Place your mp3's into the music folder. Tip: keep the same 'artist' 'album' 'song.mp3' folder structure like in Vista's Music folder when you rip cd's in Windows Media Player. The BB's media player is smart enough to handle it and it keeps your music well organized!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-19-08 11:53 PM
    With mass storage support turned on (mentioned above) plug your bb in w the usb sync cable. You don't need Destop Manager open. Vista will work in the background to install the device. It's likely that no window will pop up asking you what you would like to do next. That's ok. Once the device is recognized, you can go to start - computer - then open the "new" drive. It's likely to say bb8830. That's the memory card of your device. Open the folder that says Blackberry and you will find 4 folders: music ringtones pictures and videos. Place your mp3's into the music folder. Tip: keep the same 'artist' 'album' 'song.mp3' folder structure like in Vista's Music folder when you rip cd's in Windows Media Player. The BB's media player is smart enough to handle it and it keeps your music well organized!

04-20-08 12:11 AM

04-20-08 12:16 AM
    How do I select "enable mass storage" on my 8100? Also, do I have to go through "my computer" to view the folders? I am using XP Pro. Thanks
    04-27-08 07:58 AM
    How do I select "enable mass storage" on my 8100? Also, do I have to go through "my computer" to view the folders? I am using XP Pro. Thanks
    1) Options> Media Card> Support - on, Mass Storage Mode Support - on, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When connected - Prompt (my Pref)

2) After connecting the BB to PC, Open My Computer, find the drive that represents the BB. Drive E in my case.
    04-27-08 08:24 AM

I have opted to scrap the DM and "drag-n-drop" files into the music folder. However, I am unable to do this and do not understand why. I have formatted my SD card, I have enabled my 8310 to be used as a mass storage device, (although I get a message that says the SD card is disabled due to the device being in mass storage mode), have copied files to the music folder, and still no luck.

What else can I do? I am not experiencing any other problems. Do I need to move all of my music from my devices music folder into the SD card music folder? The only folders that are showing up when I connect my BB to my PC are the music, video, ringtones, and pictures folders that are present on my BB; not the folders from my SD card.

Maybe that's the issue. Since the SD card can't be recognized due to the device being in mass storage mode, I guess I have to move all of my files from my device memory to the SD card before I connect the BB to the PC; thus freeing up all available space on the device to transfer files directly to the device.

If I am way off base....please someone help me out. Thank you in advance.
    05-06-08 02:42 AM
    Can you get any other type of files onto the memory card?

05-06-08 07:23 PM
    I have opted to scrap the DM and "drag-n-drop" files into the music folder. However, I am unable to do this and do not understand why. I have formatted my SD card, I have enabled my 8310 to be used as a mass storage device, (although I get a message that says the SD card is disabled due to the device being in mass storage mode), have copied files to the music folder, and still no luck.

What else can I do? I am not experiencing any other problems. Do I need to move all of my music from my devices music folder into the SD card music folder? The only folders that are showing up when I connect my BB to my PC are the music, video, ringtones, and pictures folders that are present on my BB; not the folders from my SD card.

Maybe that's the issue. Since the SD card can't be recognized due to the device being in mass storage mode, I guess I have to move all of my files from my device memory to the SD card before I connect the BB to the PC; thus freeing up all available space on the device to transfer files directly to the device.

If I am way off base....please someone help me out. Thank you in advance.
    this is the exact same ??? i have, has it ever been answered? Please help. I can't figure this out
    05-07-08 12:26 PM
    When downloading apps from my Blackberry, how do I ensure that the app is downloaded and stored onto my sd card? When I download the app it doesn't ask me where I want to store the program. When I connect my BB to my pc and look in the control panel the only folders that come up are music, ringtons, pics, and voicenotes...there is nothing about apps.
    05-13-08 11:24 AM
    I have a similar issue. My Blackberry has a media card in it but when I look in Options/Media Card on the device, it claims that there is no media card currently inserted.

Weird. Any ideas? I'm always struggling to use the software to transfer things to my blackberry and getting quite frustrated already. Heh. I'm still a n00b.
    05-26-08 07:21 AM
    is there a way to transfer musin to the BB without a card
    06-12-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD