I got my new screen today in the mail and it did not come with the plastic tool to remove the screen how do I get the tool or how can i remove it with out it?
    07-14-08 03:06 PM
    a tiny screwdriver
    07-14-08 03:09 PM
    Tiny screwdriver to get the bottom part off where the logo? A phillips or flat screw driver?
    07-14-08 03:29 PM
    yeah, it's not that big of a problem, buy a mini screwdriver kit and that should be enough to help you.
    07-14-08 03:29 PM
    I got my new screen today in the mail and it did not come with the plastic tool to remove the screen how do I get the tool or how can i remove it with out it?
    The screen is only held on by some very strong double sided tape. However, I would not recommend prying it off unless you take the whole assembly apart first so that you can get a better angle between the screen and the frame to pry.

If you go on youtube, there are a couple of videos that show how to take it apart. You need a small screwdriver or torx? something (with the star shape). You don't need the plastic tool. I used a dull letter opener. Be gentle though.
    07-15-08 08:45 AM
    I purchased the torx screw driver from the local hardware store and used a plastic citrus peeler to pry the side rails off. Those side rails are firmly snapped into place and do take some effort to lever off (from the bottom first). I only replaced the keyboard so did not fully remove the side rails - I think that I have read that there is also double-sided tape holding their upper ends.
    07-15-08 09:43 AM
    PLEASE do not use a screwdriver to pry the side rails. You will almost definitely gouge and scratch your Berry. If you happen to miss when prying, you may gouge more than the rails.

More than anything else, get yourself a high-quality protective case, like the OtterBox. One can only assume that if a new model phone already needs a screen, you must have an unruly Berry that was up to no good with its Berry friends while you were asleep!
    07-15-08 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD