Ok, I previously had my work email coming to my 8830 when I first got it. After about a month, they just stopped coming and I received an error stating something about a password change caused the emails to stop coming or whatever. Not true, the password to access my work emails never changed. So, I contacted Verizon, they had me go into the 'Service Books' menu and change some things, and BAM! it was working again. I CAN'T REMEMBER what to change in that Service Books menu. Anyone?

Also, after THAT repair, my emails just stopped coming again about a month ago and I haven't fooled with it until now. I have a new job and just use a Gmail account now instead of the old work email addy.

Every time I try to set up the Gmail account, it asks for my Username/password, and doesn't ever accept it. I know it's right. Even when I click 'New User', it says 'An account already exists for this PIN'. Duh. Sorry to rant (still a Newbie) but could someone assist with this prob??
    08-18-08 02:43 PM
    Are you setting up your email via the web or via your blackberry?
    08-18-08 06:09 PM
    Ok, I previously had my work email coming to my 8830 when I first got it. After about a month, they just stopped coming and I received an error stating something about a password change caused the emails to stop coming or whatever. Not true, the password to access my work emails never changed. So, I contacted Verizon, they had me go into the 'Service Books' menu and change some things, and BAM! it was working again. I CAN'T REMEMBER what to change in that Service Books menu. Anyone?

Also, after THAT repair, my emails just stopped coming again about a month ago and I haven't fooled with it until now. I have a new job and just use a Gmail account now instead of the old work email addy.

Every time I try to set up the Gmail account, it asks for my Username/password, and doesn't ever accept it. I know it's right. Even when I click 'New User', it says 'An account already exists for this PIN'. Duh. Sorry to rant (still a Newbie) but could someone assist with this prob??
    access via the web and do it there......blackberry.com/go/vzw
    08-20-08 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD