Does anyone know If you update the 8830 to the most current software version does it resolve the browser error "http error 503"? Or is there another fix?
    04-18-09 04:44 PM
    Before you try anything else, try clearing the browser cache. Browser / Options / Cache Operations / Content Cache. If the last page you visited has gotten corrupted in the cache, and you have enabled the option to open the last page when you start the browser, you can get this result. Clearing the cache will solve it, as will setting your browser to start on the bookmark page.
    04-18-09 05:01 PM
    I gave that a try but it still does it intermittently. I told the customer to try the software update since they still had version 4.2 but they had to go through their IT person (it was on a BES)
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    04-19-09 01:25 PM
    503 error is related to the webserver, not the client (bb in this case) which is accessing the site.

See: HTTP/1.1: Status Code Definitions

"The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay MAY be indicated in a Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for a 500 response. "

Does this happen for you for many sites, or just one in particular?

Also, I would talk to the BES admin. There may be an issue (config/policy/proxy/etc) with the way the client access the "site" through the BES server.

In short, I don't think updating the os on the bb will change anything. And, again, on BES, talk to the admin. (it is probably just the webserver though)
    Last edited by esalonia; 04-19-09 at 02:13 PM.
    04-19-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD