I just got a replacement Blackberry and transferred my phone number from the old one to the new one. Now I'm wondering how to transfer the settings from my old Blackberry to my new one, so that I don't have to go through and set up everything exactly how I like it all over again. Is this possible??
    07-03-08 06:03 PM
    Either create a back up of your old phone, and restore it to the new one or use the switch device wizard.
    07-03-08 06:08 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB. Use the switch device function in the desktop manager.
    Did you use the DM's "switch device" application? to my understanding when you use this to transfer your info from your old device to the new one it actually makes your new device identical to your old one and transfers everything... settings and all...
    Thank you for the quick advice!
    I tried using the Switch Device Wizard, but on the last step it said that fatal error had occurred.... and it didn't work
    I will try backing up my old one, and restoring to the new one.
    07-03-08 06:19 PM
    Funny...just did a search since im having the same problem.
    The world edition im switching from does the switch without a hitch but when I hook up the new curve, I imediately get a fatal error.

Should I resort to restoring a back-up or?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    12-14-08 03:58 PM
    Funny...just did a search since im having the same problem.
    The world edition im switching from does the switch without a hitch but when I hook up the new curve, I imediately get a fatal error.

Should I resort to restoring a back-up or?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    I would go with restoring a back up. It is the same as the device transfer wizard just without the automation.
    12-15-08 12:04 PM
    Does it transfer 3rd party apps also? Thanks!
    12-15-08 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD