Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how to set the password to automatically dial in voicemail without it showing in the

If i go into my phone options and then go into voicemail I have the option of putting my password into the password field so it will dial it automatically when I call my voicemail..the problem is the password is displayed in this option field and I am afraid that if i was to lose the phone or have it stolen somebody could access my password...i would really like to be able to skip the step where i have to enter my password each time I dial voicemail...is there a way to enter this info and not have it display?in most other computer type gear the password field displays as all stars etc. in order to avoid compromising the password..i am surprised it doesnt do this in the blackberry 8830
  2. jgo
    CrackBerry User

No. There is no way to hide it. You could simply delete it which would necessitate your having to enter it manually.

On the other hand, if you lose your phone, it only takes a few seconds to change your password from any other phone. I am curious; why is everyone so worried about passwords on voice mail? What can be stolen? What can be accessed?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

I think it's more of a comfort thing then anything else. Better yet, password protect the entire BB and lock it. That way if it's lost you don't have to worry about anyone getting other info that's probably more important then your voicemail... lol.

If the password is entered wrong 10 times in a row, the BB wipes itself as a security measure.... including your email password
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Voicemail pw

How did you set this up in the first place? I would definitely be interested!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    PIN
    fell through the Crack

Quote Originally Posted by jlbrach View Post
    If i go into my phone options and then go into voicemail I have the option of putting my password into the password field so it will dial it automatically when I call my voicemail..the problem is the password is displayed in this option field and I am afraid that if i was to lose the phone or have it stolen somebody could access my password...i would really like to be able to skip the step where i have to enter my password each time I dial voicemail...is there a way to enter this info and not have it display?in most other computer type gear the password field displays as all stars etc. in order to avoid compromising the password..i am surprised it doesnt do this in the blackberry 8830
    If you're worried about someone having access to your password, then lock your phone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    PIN
    fell through the Crack

Quote Originally Posted by onlyoar View Post
    How did you set this up in the first place? I would definitely be interested!
    Phone Options > Voice Mail > Setup Voice mail
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3192B136

Default Is there a speed key

for voice mail that ties in the password?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts

One thing I like about att is that you do not have to enter a password to access voicemail from the phone.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

^^^ T-Mobile is the same way. Nothing special about AT&T.
    CrackBerry Newbie

How do you get into "Phone options" in the first place to set this up? I have the 8130 and can't find anything of the sort. I only find Advanced Options, which doesn't contain a voice mail menu. If I go to Options from the call screen menu, I can get to a voice mail menu, but there is no "set up voice mail" page. The password is stored on the phone, but there must be another method to get it to automatically dial it. At the store, this was set up for me initially. But sometimes this function inexplicably (without me even TOUCHING the phone) turns itself off and I don't know how to set it up myself. I'm beginning to hate this device. I resent setting features up and then having them "disappear" with no warning, like when I lose the ability to connect to the internet for no reason. Help!
    Last edited by BlackBerryDiva; 05-07-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerryDiva View Post
    How do you get into "Phone options" in the first place to set this up? I have the 8130 and can't find anything of the sort. I only find Advanced Options, which doesn't contain a voice mail menu. If I go to Options from the call screen menu, I can get to a voice mail menu, but there is no "set up voice mail" page. The password is stored on the phone, but there must be another method to get it to automatically dial it. At the store, this was set up for me initially. But sometimes this function inexplicably (without me even TOUCHING the phone) turns itself off and I don't know how to set it up myself. I'm beginning to hate this device. I resent setting features up and then having them "disappear" with no warning, like when I lose the ability to connect to the internet for no reason. Help!

you press your send key and then the option key..that opens up a whole new "special" menu for your phone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

The only thing I wish was that the delay was just a little longer before it sends the password. Seems like only about 50% of the time the entire password gets entered correctly. The other times, it starts sending the password before the voicemail system prompts for it.