Does anyone know how to playback your mp3's stored on 8830 blackberry to a car stereo? Bought a cable 3.5 mm and an adapter from Radio Shack 2.5 to 3.5. And there was nothing when I plugged and played. Im stumped. I tried the same adapter to my old 3.5 headphones and it only comes out one ear. Is there such an adapter for car stereo to Blackberry? Thanks in advance.
    01-15-09 07:43 AM
    Does anyone know how to playback your mp3's stored on 8830 blackberry to a car stereo? Bought a cable 3.5 mm and an adapter from Radio Shack 2.5 to 3.5. And there was nothing when I plugged and played. Im stumped. I tried the same adapter to my old 3.5 headphones and it only comes out one ear. Is there such an adapter for car stereo to Blackberry? Thanks in advance.

I use this in my vehicle and it works great. It will auto switch channels to find the best channel for the area you are in and when you receive a call it works great pausing the music until you end your call

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=3rbiJAyq
    Last edited by medic552; 01-15-09 at 08:18 AM. Reason: forgot link
    01-15-09 08:18 AM

I use an adapter that I got for my LG cell phone from Verizon. It adapts the 2.5 mm 4 conductor jack to a standard 3.5 mm 3 conductor stereo headphone jack. It turns any stereo headphones into a headset with mic (the mic is in the adapter)

This I plug into cassette adapter into my stereo.

I tried the radio one and I can't find a clear channel to use.

I can't find it anymore on the Verizon website. When i bought it at the Verizon store someone else came in needing the same part and said the Radio Shack one didn't work.
    Last edited by chartle; 01-23-09 at 03:42 PM.
    01-23-09 03:39 PM
    Solved the same problem last week.

Go to Verizon - they have a 3.5 to 2.5 converter that works. Ran me about $13. Works great!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 05:05 AM
    Does the Sprint 8830 have stereo bluetooth??
    01-26-09 08:40 AM
    Yes, stereo bluetooth. However the bluetooth does not work with video files. Only audio.
    01-26-09 09:59 PM
    Just ordered that T505 from the link above, just hope it plays my MP3's in stereo thru the radio. Was wondering if that unit will also play any streaming radio that I have on my 8830, or is that a direct (2.5mm) connection only. (reason I ask is because my bluetooth headset will not play streaming radio thru it, only voicecalls, but i can listen to stremaing radio with the 2.5mm wired connection)
    01-27-09 11:47 AM
    I also ordered a headset jack adapter, but I got it right here on Crackberry. it was made by SEIDO.
    01-27-09 10:00 PM
    I use this in my vehicle and it works great. It will auto switch channels to find the best channel for the area you are in and when you receive a call it works great pausing the music until you end your call

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=3rbiJAyq
    I use that in my Wrangler. Love being able to use the factory stereo since they get "barrowed" from Jeeps so easily.

And being wireless is nice too...I hate having a cord dangling from the jack .... less cords is better.

Having the caller's voice come through the stereo speakers is pimp as well. To make it work well while driving, I hold the unit up to my mouth. It's still easier than holding a phone up to my ear.
    01-28-09 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD