How long do you let your BlackBerry go before you HAVE to charge it? I'm not talking about draining the device dry (unless that is your style).

I love seeing all four bars. It's like a breath of fresh air. At three bars, I'm pretty indifferent. At two bars, I start to worry, and I will charge my phone if it's convenient (I can leave it at my desk at work, or perhaps I'm in the car commuting). At one bar, I will go out of my way and convenience to make sure that the BlackBerry gets a good charge.

At what point do you freak out? What is your charging "style?"
    02-21-08 09:30 AM
    Every night, (all night) whenever I'm at my PC, When I'm in my car. In other words, whenever I'm near a charger.
    02-21-08 09:46 AM
    Elf - I too love seeing 4 bars. I start ******** out at one bar. I find the battery on the 8830 is one of the best I have had on any phone. Personally I am a huge computer nerd (also my career) so I am at a desk pretty much 9-10 hours a day and phone is always plugged in (USB to comp). I bring it home over the weekend and never turn it off and still have more than 1/2 the battery on Monday morning. My suggestion, charge whenever you're able to. Even if it doesn't need it. Though I have heard some rumors about ruining a battery by charging it constantly (while it still had a full charge).

P.S. Stay tuned as I am going to post pics of my newly converted black VZW 8830 complete with an invisible shield and the black qwerty keyboard.
    02-21-08 09:47 AM
    well i have done the test. One bar will one full 25 minute phone call after which the battery meter indicator on the device will show a red rim. I ended the test at that point.lollol
    02-21-08 09:51 AM
    P.S. Stay tuned as I am going to post pics of my newly converted black VZW 8830 complete with an invisible shield and the black qwerty keyboard.
    A little off topic, but I would like to see! I just bought an 8830 on eBay and am thinking of converting it to black. How hard was it and how long did it take? Which site did you buy the case from? Keep me posted lol.
    02-21-08 11:21 AM
    I charge mine almost every night. I lose at least one bar during the day, but sometimes two. Even at that I can go every other day for the most part. Personally, I am not crazy about the one bar left thing either.
    02-21-08 11:24 AM
    With opera, flipside, jivetalk and text, I charge my phone when I can, in car, and at home and every night

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 11:40 AM
    I wait until I have 5% battery left.
    02-21-08 11:56 AM
    i charge as much as possible. I thought I'd read something in the manual about bb liking a full battery all the time.
    02-21-08 12:00 PM
    Final Bar!!!
    02-21-08 12:09 PM
    Every night leave it charge overnight
    02-21-08 12:15 PM
    I charge my BB like I fill up my truck ... right at 50% ... you never know when you will need it the most.
    02-21-08 12:21 PM
    Usually, I only charge when I'm in the car. Then I leave it off charger for the rest of the day. I find that seems to give me the constant 3+ bars I'm looking for.
    02-21-08 12:26 PM
    I wait until I have 5% battery left.
    i find that my battery goes down to 5% everyday so i have to charge it overnight all night, and it usually charges for 5-7 hours, but i'm wondering if my battery is starting to go bad. but i have changed everything to maximize my battery and it has seemed to work fine, but i feel my battery's strength is going downnnnnn
    02-22-08 01:28 PM
    If the yellow LED is flashing (low battery alert) I'll hook it up next time I'm by my charger.
    02-22-08 02:03 PM
    I like mine over 50% , it's on to the charger everynight by my bed side, I would like to get the standup charger. I use it as my alarm so it's never off....

The more apps that are running the quicker it goes down.... always check to see how many apps you have running.. leaving the video/mp3 playing behind the scenes sucks down the batt... I found out.
    02-22-08 02:15 PM
    I charge mine every night all night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 02:29 PM
    Even after very heavy usage during the day, I don't think I've gone below 30%.
    I do charge every night.
    02-22-08 07:20 PM
    I charge like every other day. And I am on mine all of the time
    02-22-08 07:29 PM
    I use anywhere from 75-90% of my battery everyday. I charge it everynight, and when i'm in the car, and when i'm at my desk, anytime a charger is near!!!
    02-22-08 07:36 PM
    I charge it when it's 10% left.
    02-22-08 07:39 PM
    I as many charge it every night!
    02-22-08 07:53 PM
    At two bars I start getting slightly frantic. So its straight to the charger for me. On a full charge, and powering off at night i can go about two days.
    02-22-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD