I am a newbie to the blackberry, and I need to find my blackberry email address. Where do I look for that?
    Last edited by SFJenn; 03-27-08 at 11:17 AM.
    03-27-08 10:31 AM
    You should be able to do it one of two ways:

1) Directly on your phone through wizard/email set-up.

or

2) Your service provider should have a blackberry site. I am with AT&T and I did it through their blackberry site. (att.blackberry.com) I suspect that Sprint has a similar site.

Both will prompt you to create your blackberry email address.
    03-27-08 10:38 AM
    Sounds like you havent set it up yet.

You can do so for Sprint below:

BlackBerry Internet Service

If you know for sure that you have set it up already, use the setup wizard, or email wizard and login to your BIS account..
    Last edited by Timewalk; 03-27-08 at 10:51 AM.
    03-27-08 10:49 AM
    Thanks for your replies.
    I have my email address now. How do I get it to show my email address on my screen instead of it just saying messages?
    03-27-08 11:22 AM
    Thanks for your replies.
    I have my email address now. How do I get it to show my email address on my screen instead of it just saying messages?

Move the email icon to the home screen, its looks like a mail/message icon, but has a small globe on it. Depending on which theme your using...
    03-27-08 11:26 AM
    Okay, I did this online. This may seem like a stupid question, but where do I get that from to move it to my homescreen? I already have my messages mail icon there, along with my other email address icons, but this one doesn't have the globe on it.
    03-27-08 11:40 AM
    This really needs to be stickied.

http://www.discoverblackberry.com/su...y101/bb101.jsp

Go there, very useful info. It covers EVERYTHING for the new kids on the block.
    03-27-08 08:19 PM
    It will tell you at the bottom of the screen as you scroll across the mail icons which mail account account the icon represents. You can customize this from your BIS setup page. Whatever you call it in the section labeled as "Email account name:" will show up there. You can also have a different email signature for each mail account. Also set up in the BIS setup pages.

Also a good idea to "Send Service Books" after adding new mail accounts to your BB.
    03-27-08 08:29 PM
    how can I move my bb email address to my new bb?
    11-17-08 01:49 PM
    Yes, go here https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw log in with the username and password that you used when you setup your BIS account. Once you're logged in, it'll ask you to switch PIN from old BB to new. If it doesn't just go down to switch device.

If for some reason you didn't create a userid and password when you originally setup your BIS account (this can happen if you setup the email info from the Email Setup wizard on the BB itself) then you may need to call Verizon Customer Service and get them to port your info from the old PIN to new, unless you still have access to your old BB and it still works. If it does, then simply run the Email Setup Wizard on it and it'll automatically take you to your email settings (shouldn't ask for userid and password). Once in there, look for advanced settings or services and one of the options there is to setup a userid and password to manage that account. Do that and then you can do the process outlined above once you move your service from your old BB to the new one.
    11-17-08 04:41 PM
    I have entered all the information on my blackberry and it will not respond.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 01-27-13 at 08:51 AM. Reason: personal info removed
    01-23-13 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD