Can someone tell me how to format a media card. I put it in my BB8830, piece of cake and then my MAC found it. Do I still need to format it? How do I do it?
    Thanks!!
    10-24-07 08:34 AM
    Your question was answered in here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/mem...-vr-help-6953/
    10-24-07 09:53 AM
    I have a related question. I got the memory card in and realized I needed to take it out to format it. Now I can't get the lock/unlock door to open. Has anyone had this issue while the memory card was in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-07 10:21 AM
    Nvm I just realized my bb can format it. I thought I had to format it on my computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-07 10:23 AM
    when i click on "format card" under options, my blackberry freezes? what should i do?
    03-13-09 06:06 PM
    I have tried for hours to format my media card that I purchased from AT&T on my Blackberry Curve and it just hangs the phone waiting for me to take out the battery.

I tried downloading PocketMac thinking that that might enable me to format the card but PockeMac can't even see the Blackberry.

I went to a Windows PS and installed the software off of the supplied disc and that didn't work either.

The above activities have taken up about 7 hours of my time!

I probably should have purchased an iPhone instead!
    06-06-09 05:19 PM
    Do you need to format your memory card?
    I loaded some documents on there and sent me an email to test that it works properly and I can open the documents fine. Is there a benefit to formatting? Do you format only if it doesn't work after you place it in your BB?
    06-08-09 01:55 PM
    I am having this same problem on my 8330. I just upgraded to the Hybrid 131/160, and have installed a 16GB Sandisk card. Whenever I try and format it it just freezes. Or it is taking forever to complete a format. How long should it take?
    06-10-09 01:08 AM
    when i click on "format card" under options, my blackberry freezes? what should i do?

ihave th same problem. how did u fix it
    08-01-09 05:41 PM
    anyone figure out the freezing issue? I just got a new memory card today and I'm on my third try of formatting it. After plugging it in and turning the BB on, I get a message that I need to format the card. When I format it, the whole phone just freezes. No bar telling me it's formatting, nothing. Just the Media Card screen.
    10-26-09 05:21 PM
    Can someone tell me how to format a media card. I put it in my BB8830, piece of cake and then my MAC found it. Do I still need to format it? How do I do it?
    Thanks!!

i have the storm 9530. i put the media card in my wifes curve to get some pics, now every time i put the card back in mine it has to reformat it. i let it try to format the card over night, come to wake up in the morning and BB is froze. i would like to use my media card again. help me please?
    11-18-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD