I could really use some help! I have an old Blackberry 8830 that served me well with Bell Mobility. It has a broken USB, stalls constantly (hourglass) and i have to use another old phone to recharge the battery.

I need to back up all my contacts, calendar, memos, pics etc. if at all possible. I used to use desktop manager but cant without the usb.

I'm not a techie, so i need some help, I want to get a new blackberry for a replacement.

I was told to download an app to do this, but i can't download "app world" (not enough space it says). Is there another easy way to do this? and which back up app is best??
    Thanks in advance
    I'm also off contract finally and welcoe anyadvice on the best phone replacement and plan... I'm in the landscape business and use the phone a lot!
    05-07-11 03:08 PM
    Your pics should be on a media card, you can swap that out as a plug and play, just take it out and put it your next device.

For calendar and contacts, you can download http://m.google.com/sync , after creating a Google Account, sign in and sync your contacts to the Account.

When you get a new device, download Google Sync to it, sign in, run a sync, and that information should transfer to your new device. You may lose things like birthdays, but that's easier than a total rebuild.
    The other alternative for contacts is to transfer them via Bluetooth, which can be time-consuming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 05-07-11 at 04:36 PM.
    05-07-11 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD