I received a BB 8830 WE from a friend who previously used Sprint. Although I had the phone unlocked and placed an AT&T SIM card into it, it still thinks the telephone number is still my friend's telephone number. How do I tell the BB what its new/current number is?

I will be traveling overseas on Monday and have obtained a SIM card for use at my destination. So I really would like to be able to use the BB with the new SIM card at my destination. So again, how do I tell the BB what its new telephone number is?

Many thanks in advance for any and all replies.

P.S. In case I have not made myself clear as to what it is I would like to change, when I press the buttons on the left hand side of the BB, it says, "Say a command". I ask it "what is my phone number", and it responds "My Phone # xxx-xxx-xxxx". It is this latter number that I would like to correct. Many thanks, again.
    Last edited by BBieNewbie; 11-13-10 at 07:52 PM.
    11-13-10 06:38 PM
    have you tried calling another number via the phone? if so, what number do you see on the phone youre calling?
    11-14-10 01:42 PM
    Thanks for thinking about this. The number seen on the caller id of the recipient is that of the replacement sim. What is shown on my screen however as my number is the original owner's tel. no. How do I get rid of the display of the old number? how do i get the bb to fully recognize that it is no longer the original owner's tel no?
    11-18-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD