Hey everyone. Just a quick question. On my 8830, when i set a picture that isnt the same size as the screen, there are white borders around the picture to fill the gap. is there a way to change the color from white, to say black? Ive just been using photoshop to add the black borders around it, but wanted to know if there was an easier way about it.

Thanks,
    Keith
    03-16-08 12:18 AM
    The method you are using now, is probably the only way to fix that problem. There is no way to set a background color.
    03-16-08 01:01 AM
    Just zoom in on the pic and then set it as your bg so that it wont have borders
    03-16-08 01:13 AM
    Photoshop or zooming's the best way.
    03-16-08 04:02 AM
    Also, doesn't the Verizon default theme add a small border?
    03-16-08 04:03 AM
    Not sure if this will work, but if you can send the image to your desktop, there's this cool utility (that I downloaded) from PC Powertools called Image Resizer. Download that, then open the image on your desktop, right click and scroll down to re-sizer, and you can custom 'crop' the image by pixel, save it, and then send it back to your BB.
    03-16-08 06:58 AM
    If your pics are not 320x240 in size you'll have to hit menu on the picture and hit Zoom, Zoom One to One or View Full. Then you can set it as your wallpaper. Whatever it looks like when you view it in Media Player is what it'll look like on your background.

And no, VZW's theme doesn't have a border around it. None of them do.
    03-16-08 08:32 AM
    Ok thanks for the info. The zooming worked great and it much easier than having to photo shop the pictures.

Thanks,
    Keith R.
    03-16-08 11:42 PM
    JRS - I thought there was trouble with a carrier's theme adding a small border around bkg images...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 02:48 AM
    The only issues i know of with themes is with the top of the ATT theme, it doesnt change where the clock and notifications are, that stays white.
    03-17-08 03:17 AM
    JRS - I thought there was trouble with a carrier's theme adding a small border around bkg images...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nope.

The only issues i know of with themes is with the top of the ATT theme, it doesnt change where the clock and notifications are, that stays white.
    Changing your background picture does not make any other changes. So, if you're using a theme that has colors that blend into the new background pic you chose then you'll have these kinds of issues. It's not really an issue, more like something normal behavior. If you have your text color for icon names in Windows set to the same color as your background, then you won't be able to read the text. One change is not linked to the other and it doesn't automatically change one to offset the other. This same thing applies to a BB, you're changing the background, not the theme along with the background, so the theme will stay the same with all colors and such. Pick another background or learn to edit your background to take the theme into affect and be sure you don't color match in the areas where certain icons or icon idicators may be the same color.
    03-17-08 09:01 AM
    The only problem i'm having with all of your answers is the fact that in May for my birthday i switched to verizon and got the grey blackberry pearl. Just recently i bought the pink blackberry pearl off of ebay and almost everything is the exact same except i can't see my signal or my battery because its all white where as my grey one had the black background. Everyone is saying that there is no way to fix that but i dont see how to blackberrys from the same company can have completely different settings that aren't changable??
    08-06-09 11:14 AM
    The following codes would help in changing the background of the web pages;

<head>
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

/* Method To Generate Random Numbers Between "0-255" for RGB Color-code Format & Assign To Body-Backgrond-Style */

function bgDisco()
    {
    var x =Math.round(255*Math.random());

var num1 =getHex(x);

var y =Math.round(255*Math.random());

var num2 =getHex(y);

var z =Math.round(255*Math.random());

var num3 =getHex(z);

document.body.style.background="#"+num1+num2+num3;

setTimeout("bgDisco()",1000);
    }

/* Method To Convert Decimal To Hexadecimal */

function getHex(dec)
    {
    var hexArray = new Array( "0", "1", "2", "3","4", "5", "6", "7","8", "9", "A", "B","C", "D", "E", "F" );

var code1 = Math.floor(dec / 16);

var code2 = dec - code1 * 16;

var decToHex = hexArray[code2];

return (decToHex);
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    02-12-10 03:40 AM
    The following Javascript code will help you change the background-color of your web-page automatically and at a time-interval (in milli-seconds) as specified in the code.

<head>
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

/* Method To Generate Random Numbers Between "0-255" for RGB Color-code Format & Assign To Body-Backgrond-Style */

function bgDisco()
    {
    var x =Math.round(255*Math.random());

var num1 =getHex(x);

var y =Math.round(255*Math.random());

var num2 =getHex(y);

var z =Math.round(255*Math.random());

var num3 =getHex(z);

document.body.style.background="#"+num1+num2+num3;

setTimeout("bgDisco()",1000);
    }
    Eliza