sorry - I know, total rookie question.

I have a custom mp3 I made (recording of my baby laughing) - I can't figure out how to get it on my phone to set as my default ringtone. My bluetooth mac can see my phone, but I can't seem to transfer the file to the phone. Is there a way I can "send" it to my phone via the web if it is uploaded on crackberry or something? (i.e. put in my phone # and have it downloaded that way?)

ideas?
    02-04-08 06:54 PM
    If you have a memory card you can do it either thru desktop manager or you can drag it.
    02-04-08 07:12 PM
    Or you can do what a few people have done and create a box.net account and upload your stuff there, and then browse to the link from your 8830 and download it from there.
    02-04-08 07:42 PM
    Can't go wrong with all of these suggestions.
    02-04-08 08:09 PM
    well you could do a few things....you could email it to yourself in an attachment if you have your email set up and then open the attachment and save it to your phone. or you could do it through the desktop manager that comes with all the blackberrys.

if you choose the first way then you just go into media under ringtones and select set as tone. and that should be it

hope this helps
    02-05-08 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD