I am new to blackberry and I am having a problem figuring out how to get an indicator off of my homescreen. It is a globe with a 1 next to it on the left side. I read the manual and have asked around but no one I know can seem to figure out what it is. Any help with what this indicator is indicating and subsequently how to remove it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
    Last edited by abreslin; 03-07-08 at 02:39 PM. Reason: put in the wrong forum
    03-07-08 02:37 PM
    try turning off device and taking out battery and then checking again.
    03-07-08 07:53 PM
    ^^ Do what he said.
    03-07-08 07:55 PM
    that didn't work. any other suggestions?
    03-07-08 08:43 PM
    Try checking your "Messages" folder, and every single IM application.
    03-07-08 08:50 PM
    sometimes these message indicators can be a pain to remove....last resort is wipe handheld....you can also try putting the sim in another tmobile phone,sending couple of messages to the phone and deleting the messages....put sim back into blackberry....should be ok after that....
    03-08-08 10:27 AM
    Never had this myself but there was another member with this problem. I didn't read too much into it but I believe it is a WAP Message or something.
    03-08-08 11:32 AM
    I remember getting that globe icon along the top and I remember how crazy it drove me trying to get it to go away. Here's the scoop:

The globe icon tells you a webpage you requested in the browser is now available. You probably tried to surf to a page when you didn't have data service (roaming, config, BIS, etc). If you do this it brings up a menu telling you "you don't have data service" and then provides two options "ok" and "save request". If you save request, your BB will try to locate the page as soon as you have data service again, as soon as it gets the page, it'll send you a notifier, the globe.

So to clear the globe you need to find the page request in the messages program (it'll have the same little globe next to it). Once you find it, select it or delete it and the globe will go away (hopefully). Good Luck.
    03-08-08 11:24 PM
    It is a push service indicator. On mine it indiacted a webpage that fialed to launch but was "now" available.
    Go to messages
    Function/view folder
    Browser messages
    Delete message (or select link I suppose and it will open that page) And Viola!
    Last edited by Pgreenlie; 12-18-08 at 12:54 PM.
    12-18-08 12:44 PM
    For Bell, that icon you speak of is a message pushed from your carrier. Like everyone has suggested, try checking your messages folder.
    12-21-08 01:52 AM
    Ya this thread is a life saver for me because i got the globe icon today and i have had my fair share of blackberry's but this was the first time i had ever seen such an icon.Everyone's suggestion was a good call, mine ended up being a WAP push message, AT&T was saying one of my answer tones was about to expire
    03-03-09 09:52 PM
    Hi! Per example, when you say "browser messages" it can be other kind, LIKE wap message or other.
    05-16-10 09:25 PM
    this is what I was looking for ... It worked!!!
    08-20-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD