Atfirst I could view them on my cellphone but I couldn't view them on my pc. They were "rem" files. So this person told me to change the "rem" to jpg. and now I can't even view them on my cellphone or pc! I don't understand what happened. I know they still exist because I can still see the size (like for example when I click on properties it's 498.6KB) so I know it's still there. I'm just wondering is there any kind of program I could view them on? Is there anything or anyone who could help me with this? I would diffently appreciate it alot
    07-26-09 11:19 AM
    REM files are encrypted files so changing the extension won't allow you to view them. You may be able to unencrypt them on the BlackBerry itself if you rename them to REM, view them, and see if any menu options involve encryption. But are you sure you've got an 8830 WE? I don't think that phone has a camera so I'm not sure where the pictures came from.
    07-26-09 11:34 AM
    anyone help? =(
    07-26-09 11:36 AM
    REM files are encrypted files so changing the extension won't allow you to view them. You may be able to unencrypt them on the BlackBerry itself if you rename them to REM, view them, and see if any menu options involve encryption. But are you sure you've got an 8830 WE? I don't think that phone has a camera so I'm not sure where the pictures came from.

LOL yeah it has a camera. But even though the pictures have been encrypt. There is a possibilty I could still view them right?
    07-26-09 11:40 AM
    8830 does NOT have a camera. If they are encrypted on the card, renaming them will not work, as stated above. You can rename them back to .rem and you should be able to view them on the phone again (provided this was the phone on which it, the card, was encrypted). I have never tried playing with pictures on my 8830, but you could try emailing them to yourself and they should be unencrypted.
    07-26-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD