Spilled some water on my 8830 on accident, and now when I put in the battery the screen flickers and the light is green. I can't get any response other than this, is it ruined or?
    02-22-09 08:07 AM
    Take out your battery, put the BB in a bag of rice and let it sit a couple days and see what happens. The rice will suck out all the water that is the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:24 AM
    Take out your battery, put the BB in a bag of rice and let it sit a couple days and see what happens. The rice will suck out all the water that is the phone.

How long do I have? Its 4:30am and I won't be able to get any rice for another 8 hours at least.
    02-22-09 08:32 AM
    Not sure of how long you've got. Just know the best thing for you to do is take out the battery and don't use it at all until it sits in rice for a couple days.

02-22-09 08:36 AM
    Not sure of how long you've got. Just know the best thing for you to do is take out the battery and don't use it at all until it sits in rice for a couple days.

Never heard of the rice thing before. Thats a neat trick if it works. How did you find out about iit??
    02-22-09 02:43 PM
    I learned from people here on CB.

02-22-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD