I have a BB 8830 with a 2 GB card. Does anyone know how to get the BB to display all jpg thumnails? I can only see 6 out of 9. The ones I cant see are 2MB each. The ones I can see range from 598K to 2Mb in size.

Thanks

Peter
    09-19-07 10:31 PM
    Good Morning All,

I did preliminary searching, and I found this thread. I'd like to reopen this thread hoping to find a solution.

I am using a Blackberry Bold .190 update. After the update, I cannot view preview thumbnails for any of my jpg photos. I can view the photos after I click on the photo individually, but I would like to be able to see the preview thumbnails, so I know which photo I am selecting. I have reloaded the photos through media manager, and tried some basic fixes which have not solved the problem.

I am betting there is a simple solution to this problem, but I have yet to find it. Is anyone else having this problem? I can view the sample photo previews just fine, but not the jpg's wallpapers I have loaded onto my Blackberry Bold.

Thanks ahead.
    11-20-08 09:20 AM
    Good Morning All,

I did preliminary searching, and I found this thread. I'd like to reopen this thread hoping to find a solution.
    01-16-09 02:26 PM
    Are you sure the ones you cannot see thumbnails for are not other file types and not jpg's?
    01-16-09 08:24 PM
    Good Morning All,

I am using a Blackberry Bold .190 update. After the update, I cannot view preview thumbnails for any of my jpg photos. I can view the photos after I click on the photo individually, but I would like to be able to see the preview thumbnails, so I know which photo I am selecting. I have reloaded the photos through media manager, and tried some basic fixes which have not solved the problem.

I am betting there is a simple solution to this problem, but I have yet to find it. Is anyone else having this problem? I can view the sample photo previews just fine, but not the jpg's wallpapers I have loaded onto my Blackberry Bold.

Thanks ahead.
    hav u found a solution.. can u help me with it.. i hav the same issue
    09-07-12 01:08 AM
    Okay, i had the same issue..I woke up one morning, took a shot using my BOLD9700 and when im on my photo media, no thumbnails showing up but when you click the photo it will show up fullscreen view..i have searched for 5 straight days on the net finding a solution..i found and ended up on one way to make that thumbnail view work, and that is to REPAIR your storage..

On your Blackberry, go to OPTIONS then select DEVICE..From Device go to STORAGE..
    In the STORAGE menu you will see the following--

-Enable Compression
    -Media Card Support
    -Application Storage Free Space ??MB
    -Media Card Storage Total Space/Free Space ??MB/??MB

Press the Blackberry main button on your phone and choose REPAIR..once click a notice will appear saying--
    "(? a question mark icon) IF LOST CLUSTERS ARE FOUND DURING THE REPAIR, DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THEM, YES OR NO?"..

Just choose YES..wait for the repair until it's done..then go back to your MEDIA PHOTOS..check the photos taken by your cam, it will work fine with the thumbnails showing up..

That's how i solved the issue..No need to reboot after the repair..no need to change and update OS..no formatting..just STORAGE REPAIR..
    In fact i just found and fixed the same issue with my BB9700 a couple minutes ago that is why a type and posted this..Hope this will help you and others and that it will work for you too..

Take Care and Dont Ever Give Up on Your Blackberry's..
    I even know how to revive the phone from the worst damage it can experience, the WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH (App Error 200-Reset)..
    Have a good day..
    12-29-12 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD