Hi everybody! I've been snooping around this site for a while now, but I can't find anything similar to my current problem. Every time I launch my calendar, it goes to April 30th instead of the current date. This seems to have begun about 3 days ago while I was downloading and trying out a couple of new themes. Here's what I've attempted so far:

1. battery pull
    2. deleting all downloaded themes and going back to BB Discovery Zen
    3. battery pull
    4. installing new OS (I was running 4.2.2.176, now on 4.2.2.196)
    5. battery pull
    6. re-syncing with network time
    7. more battery pulls

Does anybody have any suggestions??
    05-20-08 08:30 PM
    I had the same problem on my Curve. Still do on occassion. My problem seemed to be with recurring appointments ex Birthdays. For some reason the agenda view would default back to the same date in the past and always a recurring appt was there. These appointments were input on my Outlook program long before I had a BB. I found that if I deleted the appointment and recreated it again that the problem was solved. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times and every time that resolved it.

Good luck!
    05-20-08 10:41 PM
    Good suggestion, although unfortunately it didn't work for me. I went to that date (4/30/08) and deleted the appointment there (it was an all-day, non-recurring event) and now when I launch Calendar it goes to 4/29/08. What's going on here??
    05-20-08 10:49 PM
    If you try to go to a date that has no appointments on it, the BB calendar will go to some other date that has appointments. I've never taken the time to figure out why it goes where it goes, but you simply can't go to an empty date. That's what you're seeing.
    05-20-08 10:55 PM
    Yeah - I thought about that, but there's plenty of appointments between that date and now, and also in the future. I had stuff on there today, yesterday and tomorrow for instance but it still goes back to April.
    05-20-08 11:50 PM
    Just to be clear, it doesn't matter if there are appointments before or after the date. If the specific date you are trying to go to is empty, you will go to some other date in the past. On my calendar at the moment, I have no appointments on June 3. If I "go to" June 3, I end up on May 19.
    05-21-08 07:21 AM
    Hmm. I deleted several events back in April and now it comes back to today, May 20. I understand what you're saying Jeff, but since I had two appointments on today's agenda, one yesterday and two tomorrow, I'm still having trouble understanding why it was going back to April. It seems to be working correctly now, so all is good for the moment. Thanks very much for your assistance!
    05-21-08 08:42 AM
    Glad to help. I've never figured out how it decides what date to go to either. It's got to be a bug in the calendar software.
    05-21-08 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD