Hello all, I currently live In Europe for about 10 months and have activated a local sim(with data) and am having trouble connecting to the internet!! I've tried everything including adding settings under the APN for my mobile provider. I always have the lower case gprs in the top left corner. Can someone please help me to activate my internet!! Thanks in advance.
    08-26-08 09:14 PM
    Data will not work with out of country SIMs on an 8830. That's because the data plan on those cards are not RIM provisioned data plans. There's a difference. If you want Blackberry data you will need to use Sprint's out of country plan.... to my knowledge.
    08-26-08 11:00 PM
    Well I was under the impression that I would be able to use it because I thought I read some other people were able to use it. If anyone has been able to do it please let me know. Thanks
    08-27-08 05:50 AM
    Yes, people do it, but with Voice only. No "prepay" SIM can be provisioned for BB service to my knowledge.
    08-27-08 09:47 AM
    Well I know prepaid cards cannot activate data but I dont have a prepaid card. Im actually on a plan and have data included. The answer could be the same as before but just wanted to clarify that I dont have a prepaid card.
    08-27-08 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD