Hello, all. First post here since becoming a 7250->8830 convert. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated

Backstory: I bought this (brand-new condition) 8830WE secondhand from a fellow who's company gave it to him. It was part of a large business network for 2 months, until his company switched to another carrier.

I had the phone activated on my Sprint account, and the telephone function is working with no problems. The other functions, however, have given me trouble.

Email Issue: The Setup icon only allows me to choose setting up an Enterprise account, with no option to add an outside account. I only want to set up an email from my domain and a gmail account.

I tried going online to BlackBerry.com to set up the accounts, and entered the PIN & ESN when prompted. There was an error because apparently there's already been an account established with the phone's PIN.

Browser Issue: There is no icon for one. When I attempt to access www/links, it stays on the *loading* screen with no changes.

I really appreciate any help you can offer.
    10-20-08 08:21 PM
    This is because the phone has an IT Policy on it. There's a writeup on this site on how to remove it. Let me find a link... Here it is, it was in the FAQ section. Check that forum for other stuff you might need quick help with.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 10-20-08 at 08:28 PM.
    10-20-08 08:26 PM
    sometimes it can be fixed by registering host routing tables
    options--->advanced options--->host routing tables--->menu--->register now
    10-20-08 08:28 PM
    This is because the phone has an IT Policy on it. There's a writeup on this site on how to remove it. Let me find a link... Here it is, it was in the FAQ section. Check that forum for other stuff you might need quick help with.
    I tried this, followed directions to a 'T'.

Initially, after I wiped the BB the old owner's 3 mail accounts appeared on restart. After wiping it again, it appears to clear of that - but not completely.

I now have the browser icon and a mail setup icon, but I'm not out of the woods yet.

When I try and set up an email account, I am still getting the message from BlackBerry "An account is already set up with this PIN".

How do I get BlackBerry to allow me to set up new email accounts when my phone's PIN still has an account?

***Disclaimer - I put in a solid 20 minutes digging through the forums looking for a previous answer, sorry if this is commonly asked question***
    10-21-08 09:11 AM
    Not sure if you have already done this, but you may want to contact Sprint blackberry tech support and see if they can "reset" your PIN. I'm not 100% sure if/how they can do this but I'm sure this is not an uncommon issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 10:37 AM
    If you are getting an error that the pin is already registered you will definatly have to contact your SP to remove the old account and setup a BIS account for you. For the browser if you have already registered through the HRT make sure under your browser config that the default browser is internet browser and if still having issue it should probably be resolved by the setup of the bis account and resending service books

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD