I just got a new adapter and am using standard iPod headphones with them. Anyways I can't get sound to come through them. I change the option to "activate handset" and can quietly here a little sound coming from the phone but nothing through the headphones. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    06-11-08 04:28 PM
    I just got a new adapter and am using standard iPod headphones with them. Anyways I can't get sound to come through them. I change the option to "activate handset" and can quietly here a little sound coming from the phone but nothing through the headphones. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

What kind of adapter are you using? Where did you buy it from?
    06-11-08 04:48 PM
    The adapter is wrong. Get another one. LG and Verizon both have a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adaptor with inline mic which work.
    06-11-08 08:24 PM
    I'd check out this guy: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nUC2Wan5

I had it for my 8830 and never had a problem. I did notice that sometimes you have to be sure to plug the headphones into the adapter before plugging the adapter into the device or I'd get nothing.
    06-11-08 08:52 PM
    ^^^ With the Seido, you have to unplug it to answer calls. With the ones I mentioned, you can take the call when one comes in and then go right back to the music after the call seamlessly. Just FYI.

Here's a link for the LG unit I had. LG - Stereo Headset for Select LG Cell Phones - SGEY0003602
    06-11-08 09:03 PM
    The adapter from Verizon has a mic on it. When I had my 8820, I used the Seidio and Verizon adapters and would definately recommend the Verizon adapter. Its only $10.
    06-11-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD