Help. I am a FRUSTRATED new BB user who would love to drive over it with her SUV. This device was supposed to make my life easier...why oh why then have i killed all day trying to make the darn thing do what the salesman said it'd do???

I�ve spent hours HOURS on the web and with Alltel trying to find a solution and can�t. Timewarner�s customer service telephone number seems to have been disconnected. (How convenient.)

I hope someone on this site can offer some insight �.

I have an 8830WE from Alltel (under contract so switching providers isn�t an option)

When I bought the BB, I told the sales guy I used Roadrunner and wanted to be able to synch my email. He said no problem. I understand now he either didn�t understand me, lied to me or both.

How the heck can I work around the limitations with BIS to get email I send from my BB and delete on my BB to show up on the server so I can send/receive in Outlook 2007 and have all my email in one place offline?

I set up a gmail account after reading threads this site trying to find a work around. I set up POP3 on the gmail account. I set up mail fetch to get RR mail thinking I could get all my RR mail through gmail, send/receive through outlook 2007 and voila problem solved. Wrong. When I send a message on my BB from the gmail account, then go to gmail on the web, I see that I sent a message from my BB but it only shows as a delivery confirmation � it does NOT show me the actual message sent. I cannot delete a message on the BB from any mail account and have it also delete on the mail server. And to top it off, I get TWO copies of every email when I send receive in Outlook even though I set the delete mail from RR account option when gmail fetches RR mail.

What the heck is the point of having a BB if you can�t synch the darn thing????

Can anyone help me find step by step instructions to achieve a work around on the whole BIS bullsheet???
    02-02-08 12:37 PM
    Go to Alltel's BlackBerry Internet Service and create a new account. On the help link there are instructions there for setting up various e-mail accounts and you should be able to walk through it.
    02-02-08 01:18 PM
    I tried that before my original post. I entered my PIN and the other # which right now escapes me. Said I must access BIS from my device. I've emailed the agent who sold me the phone. Don't know what else to do. This is insane. I learned yahoo will synch with BB. Had to pay $20 to get yahoo pop access to dump to outlook. Then and only then did I learn yahoo pop doesn't include mail in sent folders. But yahoo can at least pull my roadrunner mail. It's a crappy workaround, but as long as I cc myself on every email I send, right now I can get everything. But it cost me over a day and another $20 to get to this point. Blackberry's "support" website is useless. This site by far has the best information out there for new users.

Thanks for the post.
    02-02-08 05:09 PM
    I think if you go to the BIS webdite, and go to the edit fearures under your email account, you can put in an automatic CC for everything you send.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-08 05:42 PM
    Well Trixie, that web site to set-up worked ok for me....if you've had the Bb for less than 30 days, you can return it under Alltel's guarantee policy and get something else like Palm Treo or Motorola-Q. Or, check your local Alltel store, and find a rep that actually has & uses a Bb and have them help you through getting set up.
    02-03-08 10:42 AM
    Here's a link to help you be able to login via your PC:

BlackBerry Search Results
    02-03-08 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD