Ive been trying for a while and cant seem to figure out how to get google talk onto my 8830. I tried downloading onto my computer and then loading the application, that didn't work. Tried going to the website from my 8830 and couldn't find a download link. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    02-23-08 02:01 PM
    I had to load it on to my Curve through the Desktop Manager software using Internet Explorer and visiting this page:

http://www.blackberry.com/googletalk
    02-23-08 02:03 PM
    Have you tried going to blackberry.com and then downloading from there? (it will ask you to conenct your BB to the comp via usb.
    02-23-08 02:04 PM
    Alright I got it downloaded onto my 8830 but now when I try and run google talk to says connection errorlease ensure device time is correct. Any ideas on that?
    02-23-08 02:27 PM
    Alright I got it downloaded onto my 8830 but now when I try and run google talk to says connection errorlease ensure device time is correct. Any ideas on that?
    Go to your options and refresh the time. This happened to me, i think that somtimes when you synch with your pc it throws the time off a little.
    02-23-08 02:30 PM
    Got it working. Thanks everyone!
    02-23-08 02:33 PM
    I use JiveTalk, its an IM app that does all networks, including GTalk. I haven't had a single issue with it at all.

Rick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-08 03:00 PM
    I keep on getting Connection Error: please ensure device time is correct'. whenever i try to log on to google talk.

How can i fix this?
    05-04-08 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD