Recently updated to .51 and everything is super smooth except when I went to use Google Maps, I got this message:
    "Application Terminated: Google Maps is denied the location (GPS) permission"

Anyone able to educate me on how to get it working again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 04:22 PM
    Recently updated to .51 and everything is super smooth except when I went to use Google Maps, I got this message:
    "Application Terminated: Google Maps is denied the location (GPS) permission"

Anyone able to educate me on how to get it working again?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the program? Have you done a battery pull? If not I would try battery pull first then uninstall/reinstall... I had it working on my .51... Hope that helps

07-23-08 05:35 PM
    You had Google Maps accessing the internal GPS on a Verizon phone?

Verizon blocks access to the GPS on my 8330. I thought that was the way it is on all of their phones.
    07-23-08 07:09 PM
    ^^^ My BBMaps accesses the internal GPS... doesn't mean it'll get a fix from it.
    07-23-08 07:21 PM
    You had Google Maps accessing the internal GPS on a Verizon phone?

Verizon blocks access to the GPS on my 8330. I thought that was the way it is on all of their phones.
    Yes, like JRS said, the internal GPS is accessible but will not get a fix in a program.... I was stating how to get Google maps working again, not that i had gps working with it or how to get gps working with it.... I use a puck for that....

All verizon bb's are blocked from GPS working without vznav...
    07-23-08 10:08 PM
    Yes, like JRS said, the internal GPS is accessible but will not get a fix in a program.... I was stating how to get Google maps working again, not that i had gps working with it or how to get gps working with it.... I use a puck for that....

All verizon bb's are blocked from GPS working without vznav...
    I guess I misunderstood about Google Maps getting a fix from the GPS. ("Application Terminated: Google Maps is denied the location (GPS) permission").
    Last edited by teylini; 07-23-08 at 10:32 PM.
    07-23-08 10:29 PM
    I guess I misunderstood about Google Maps getting a fix from the GPS. ("Application Terminated: Google Maps is denied the location (GPS) permission").
    Google maps will traingulate from cell phone towers, which will show a blue circle around your location... This is not GPS, and is *somewhat accurate* depending on where you are, but where i live, it showed my location to be about 5 miles away, and said i was within 1700 meters... Sorry if i mis-worded, or you misunderstood....
    07-24-08 12:04 AM
    ^^Just me not understanding.

I've can't get over the fact that Verizon has locked out the GPS from third party apps, so my mind was fixed on that. Thanks for the info about the triangulation.
    07-24-08 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD