View Poll Results: Which map program do you prefer?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google Maps

60 82.19%
  • BlackBerry Maps

13 17.81%
    I just downloaded Google Maps per suggestion. Can anyone tell me their preference of using BBerry or Google maps? From a first appearance, it looks like Google might be better. Any tips or tricks?
    02-10-08 11:25 AM
    i use google maps. have my home address set as a location which makes things easier. i like it.
    02-10-08 11:36 AM
    I have been using telenav and its very accurate and detailed. But before I decided to pay the almost $10 a month for it I preferred google maps over bbmaps as it was a little more accurate and was faster on finding addresses. And of course the satelite view was a bonus
    02-10-08 11:45 AM
    I like BlackBerry maps.
    02-10-08 11:56 AM
    how do you download google maps?
    02-13-08 07:00 PM
    From your BB browser, go to
    www dot google dot com slash gmm
    I absolutely love it and use it all the time. And yes, the satellite view is a great feature!!
    02-13-08 07:27 PM
    I think google maps is the better of the two, BBmaps or Google. Google seems faster and being able to utilize the wi-fi triangulation is usefull (for those of us on Verizon, who crippled the GPS)
    02-13-08 09:21 PM
    Google maps for sure.
    02-13-08 09:23 PM
    google BABY ! satelite view rocks!

-db

I CAN SEE MY HOUSE FROM HERE
    02-13-08 09:26 PM
    Google maps for sure. Especially if you have GPS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-08 09:41 PM
    I absolutly love Google maps, i can search for anything and it would give me their phone number, time of business, and what credit cards they take and all that fun stuff. And for resturants their menu. <3 google for being so smart.
    02-13-08 10:34 PM
    how much data does it use up when using google maps? i dont wanna go crazy and burn all the data in 2hours haha
    02-14-08 07:15 AM
    how much data does it use up when using google maps? i dont wanna go crazy and burn all the data in 2hours haha

It uses a ton of data. I recommend if you use google maps to have unlimited data.
    02-14-08 02:31 PM
    Google maps everytime

02-14-08 02:43 PM
    I prefer Google maps too, mine came with the Telenav app, but why pay for it when google maps is just as good. I also use infospace find it often as well. (Not trying to hijack, just wanted to share)
    02-14-08 03:07 PM
    Yes. Deleted bbmaps once I got google. So easy, even without gps I can search for anywhere and get good results. Even from a red light.

02-14-08 11:07 PM
    Yes! My Freedom Keychain GPS 2000 came in today and bluetooth pairing was simple. I now have full functioning GPS for GoogleMaps and Blackberry Maps with this tiny keychain unit! Cost is about $89. Takes care of that aggravating Verizon crippling!!!
    02-15-08 01:05 PM
    After my first day of use of my GPS puck, I'm realizing that BBMaps is much faster in tracking you. It is VERY accurate showing you where you are on the road. It is much quicker than Googlemaps although Google has much better graphics. I've had a problem with Googlemaps not immediately tracking my location. Sometimes the dot just doesn't move no matter how far you go from it. Not sure what the problem is yet. However, on satellite view (when it works!), it placed me right inside my house!
    But so far, for use in travelling on the road, BB Maps seems to be much better and more responsive. I'll update further if things change...!
    Last edited by organman; 02-15-08 at 06:11 PM.
    02-15-08 04:52 PM
    Yes! My Freedom Keychain GPS 2000 came in today and bluetooth pairing was simple. I now have full functioning GPS for GoogleMaps and Blackberry Maps with this tiny keychain unit! Cost is about $89. Takes care of that aggravating Verizon crippling!!!
    I don't see where you can tell GMaps that you have a gps puck attached. I'm getting the "cell tower" location. I've got the same gps as you do. I thought that I was using gps yesterday but right now - only cell towers. Is there a place to set preferences or settings or???

Thanks in advance
    02-15-08 09:10 PM
    Assuming you've done the Bluetooth setup correctly, verify it by looking at Options>Bluetooth. Press trackball and it should show the Keychain GPS 2000 as a Paired Device.
    Then go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS. Press trackball and make sure that Keychain GPS 2000 is selected as the GPS Date Source. Verify that you have Location On for GPS services. Then save.

I haven't had much time yet to experiment, but it appears that GoogleMaps tracks much better (refreshes) if the BB Maps is already running in the background. Don't know why that should be! A really nice feature of the BB Maps is the option to Track UP so the map is continually repositioned to reflect the direction you're travelling.
    02-16-08 12:02 PM
    ok, ya'll... i've downloaded google maps.... we'll see..... ;-) Anyone out there with success stories in Philly with this application? Sprint users?
    02-16-08 02:57 PM
    google maps all the way...

the traffic feature is the best ever
    02-17-08 02:24 AM
    Google maps all the way. Won't bother restating what others said but its just awesome, especially with GPS now

02-17-08 03:24 AM
    I use google maps. I like the find me feature. It makes it very nice since Verizon disabled the gps in my 8130...

Also, I added a poll to this thread.
    02-17-08 09:54 AM
    I use Google maps because it seems like it's a better program and easier to use.
    02-19-08 12:44 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD