Ok so after an hour or so perusing the forums I just couldnt figure this out. I'm on BIS, have a gmail acct and get my emails that way. Vanilla. I've got the DELETE ON: setting to mailbox and handheld, wireless reconcile on, and On Conflicts: mailbox wins. My verizon BIS acct is set to delete emails in device and inbox. But it doesnt work either way. When i delete on BB its still in my inbox, when i delete form inbox its still on BB. Im fine with it not deleting form the BB bc thats where i read all my email. But its daunting to have 50 emails ive already deleted on the BB to be in my inbox.
    Any ideas? I'm on 4.5.0.77....
    10-27-08 07:49 PM
    By the way, there should be a sticky on this if theres a good fix
    10-27-08 07:53 PM
    You have to set up Gmail to use imap. I'm fairly certain there's a link on the Gmail settings page that tells how to do it. Works great and doesn't really delete them it just removes Inbox label so it still shows up in all mail.

If memory is up to snuff... You set gmail to imap, go in BIS, delete that account, re-enter it w/o password and tell it 'will provide settings' somewhere along the way. When you get to the server page, just enter 'imap.gmail.com' as server and ... Voila!

Just so ya know, hotmail works this way too, w/o the hassle of manual setup. yahoo will on the pay versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 09:50 PM
    Doesn't IMAP delay delivery tho? I thought I read where it's not instant and delays it about 15 minutes...
    10-28-08 07:28 AM
    I use the Gmail for Blackberry mobile app:

Google Mobile - Gmail

It's very simple, quick and reconciles perfectly every time with my online account. You can have multiple accounts on it as well.
    10-28-08 08:11 AM
    I use the Gmail for Blackberry mobile app:

Google Mobile - Gmail

It's very simple, quick and reconciles perfectly every time with my online account. You can have multiple accounts on it as well.
    he speaks the truth.
    10-28-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD