Alright, this might be a dumb question, but when your BB accesses your Gmail account, if you have POP set up, will it mark the messages as read (and then archive them) or will it leave them in the inbox?

Thanks
    10-14-07 04:17 PM
    It should mark them as 'read'. Not sure if it will 'archive' them. Plus, if you delete one from your BlackBerry, and have the option set for your GMail BIS account, it should sync that, too...
    10-14-07 05:36 PM
    I don't believe it archives them. Also, I have heard mixed reports of GMail marking them read or not. I don't really pay attention enough with my own email to tell for sure.

That is one thing I like with Yahoo email though. But GMail overall is just nicer.
    10-14-07 06:36 PM
    Nice. Alright so, not sure if you use outlook at all, but do you just set outlook up to get the email from your BB instead of downloading it as well? I'm getting my BB soon, just want to make sure everything is set up.
    10-14-07 09:47 PM
    Nope outlook and BB are independent unless you are on an enterprise mail server with BIS. So outlook is setup to download the mail as well.
    10-14-07 09:50 PM
    Oh, but your calendar and contacts will sync with outlook when you connect your BB to the computer even if you are just on BIS right?
    10-15-07 08:10 AM
    Alright, this might be a dumb question, but when your BB accesses your Gmail account, if you have POP set up, will it mark the messages as read (and then archive them) or will it leave them in the inbox?

Thanks
    I'm 95% sure it doesn't mark them as read on your Gmail account if you access them on your BB. It leaves them as unread in the inbox. If you want to archive them you can use the Gmail app that lets you do all the fun Gmail stuff on your BB.
    10-15-07 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD