In a couple of weeks I will be getting an 8830 through my work. We are using a BES system on Verizon...Apparently Verizon does not have OS 4.5...If I upgrade using a Bell or Sprint OS will there be any ill effects accessing my companies BES system...

Also, the company has installed an policy where after 2 minutes a password has to be entered...is there anyway to disable this...

Thanks in advance...clb239
    03-01-09 12:11 AM
    for the OS.. no wont have any effect.. except that you will need to re-activate the BB on the BEs after the upgrade..

For the IT policy.. no, its pushed from the BES and its there to stay. Nothing you can do about taht.
    03-01-09 09:13 AM
    The reactivate should be pretty seamless. It will automatically run through Enterprise Activation again. I'm running 135 and am on BES. Helps that I'm also the BES admin.
    03-02-09 10:37 AM
    So after I do the OS upgrade will someone from IT have to reactivate it on the BES or is that something I will be able to do???

Thanks,

clb239
    03-02-09 11:08 AM
    So after I do the OS upgrade will someone from IT have to reactivate it on the BES or is that something I will be able to do???

Thanks,

clb239
    Depends on how you are set up at work. If you have DM installed it should automatically start the reactivation. If not you may have to have IT resend you an Enterprise Activation request.
    03-02-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD