Hi-

I might be a bit outdated here but I ma running the 8830 on Verizon with version 4.5.0.77.
    Its been running smoothly for over a year now but over the past couple of weeks it seems to freeze up when I hit send on a text message.
    Its not a permanent freeze, but it does take 5+ seconds now to send a text which is kind of annoying.
    I have a 1GB card with barely and media on this device and, I am using BES.

Thanks for the help.
    05-03-09 12:38 PM
    there's newly released s/w for it vzam.net/blackberry so you're not that far behind
    05-03-09 12:39 PM
    there's newly released s/w for it vzam.net/blackberry so you're not that far behind
    Do I need this new software?
    Why would the old software slow down my texting out of the blue?

I only want to upgrade the OS if I have to as there are no problmes with my current OS (assuming its not the cause of my texting issue).
    05-03-09 12:56 PM
    The media card has nothing to do with sending texts. Try a battery pull and see if there is any difference... You'r on BES? Check with your admin.
    05-03-09 02:02 PM
    I'd double that....do a batt pull to check to see if that works. ALso check with your provider to see if anyone else in your area is having the same issues
    05-03-09 03:15 PM
    Will do.

Out of curiosity, are there any advantages to upgrading to a later OS?
    05-03-09 04:33 PM
    4.5.0.138 is the officially supported release. .75 was not. So if you had occasion to call Verizon Customer Support, it might matter. I went from 4.2.2.196 to 4.5.0.138, so I can't help you with the differences between .75 and .138. When I upgraded from 4.2 to .138, I lost the call timer display and the audio quality of Voice Notes in BBM went down sharply.
    05-03-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD