Hello everyone,

I made the jump and my blackberry WE should be arriving within the next few days...I have a few questions

I wanted to know what are the "must have" apps (preferably free) for it? I heard opera mini was good as a browser, what other apps are essential/useful?

Also, to update the OS or download apps do I need the CD/usb cord? Or is there a way to do it through the BB itself? (I've read mixed reviews on the latest OS, which is the best/most stable OS version to have?)

What is the point of the USB? Is it just more convenient/faster or does it let you add things to your BB you can't add any other way.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your time.
    04-14-09 04:09 PM
    Check out BB app world when you get your BB as well as searching through the forums.
    04-14-09 04:36 PM
    Hello everyone,

I made the jump and my blackberry WE should be arriving within the next few days...I have a few questions

I wanted to know what are the "must have" apps (preferably free) for it? I heard opera mini was good as a browser, what other apps are essential/useful?

Also, to update the OS or download apps do I need the CD/usb cord? Or is there a way to do it through the BB itself? (I've read mixed reviews on the latest OS, which is the best/most stable OS version to have?)

What is the point of the USB? Is it just more convenient/faster or does it let you add things to your BB you can't add any other way.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your time.

I use the usb and DM (desktop manager) to back up my 8310. I also do the updates through it. if you are downloading themes some you can do through the phone. they are called OTA (over the air) others have .zip files that you download to your computer and load through DM. as for the apps check out app world. they will have everything in there. have fun. oh yea in my opinion stay away from opera. the default browser I like much better.
    04-14-09 04:45 PM
    The software i must have is BerryBuzz, it is in the crackberry store. LOVE IT, different lights for different notifications, repeating alerts, vibrate while ringing.... Great app.
    04-14-09 05:00 PM
    4.5.0.138 has no issues with me...
    04-14-09 09:43 PM
    thanks for the help everyone, one more question though!

My blackberry arrived today (its used, clean ESN etc) and it has the sim card inserted in the slot, since I'm on Verizon the sim card does me no good but I realize its for when im traveling. My question is this, I've been trying for the past half hour to remove the card with no luck, is it ok to leave it in there? Will it interrupt or mess up my service with verizon once i get the phone activated?
    04-16-09 03:23 PM
    shouldn't be an issue.
    and you can go to options -> mobile network -> network mode and select 1XEV to keep the sim from activating.
    04-17-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD