These are small enough but should be fixed at some point:

1. In addressbook in options if you choose as "dashed line" for the
    separator you get no separator. Ordinary line works fine.

2. After some 4.5 update there is too much blank space (empty line)
    under each name. It would be nicer if this was single spaced.

I am running 4.5.0.77 if someone does not have these problems or
    knows how to fix them please let me know.
    09-21-08 11:56 AM
    It is actually called "stripes" not dash. Apparently the blank line is
    for company name. Any way to not have this?
    09-21-08 05:01 PM
    I haven't found a way yet. It's too bad RIM didn't implement it in a smarter way where a blank line would just collapse and not even be shown.
    09-21-08 05:05 PM
    RIM can't even make it where the phone asks for which field it should store a number. Not all numbers stored are Work numbers RIM!!! Cell phones from 5 years ago did this simple process, why can't you?
    09-22-08 01:15 AM
    Glad I'm not the only one that is irked by these things.

And yeah, seems that BB's lack quite a few needed things that cheapie older cellphones did...
    09-22-08 10:08 AM
    Here is something more amusing. If you set the separator to stripes
    you will not see anything looking directly at the BB BUT if you turn
    it around and and look at it in a slanted way you will see that every
    other name is shaded light blue.....lol
    09-22-08 12:51 PM
    You also can't add a custome ringtome to a user. You can change the custom ringtone if it was already assigned in a previous OS, but not in .77
    09-22-08 01:24 PM
    You also can't add a custome ringtome to a user. You can change the custom ringtone if it was already assigned in a previous OS, but not in .77

I was told if you load the pre-defined ringtones back on, it will correct the custom ring tone issue. I am going to do it tonight to see of this works.
    09-22-08 02:27 PM
    I just upgraded to .77 today and I had backed up all my stuff and I still have all my contacts and custom ringtones and I can even add custom ring tones to other contacts that don't have one. So it works fine for me.
    09-22-08 06:32 PM
    Yes I have confimed once you re-install the preloaded ringtones it fixes the issue of not being able to assign custom ringtone to a contact. Did it last night and all is good again.
    09-26-08 08:00 AM
    I have an address book issue thats sort of off subject but I need help..
    for some reason, when I go to send an email or a text out of my address book, names are coming up multiple times. I have everything labeled under "personal" and in there they are only listed once. There is nothing in my SIM phonebook either, so I have no idea where these duplicates are coming from. How can I get rid of them? Its so annoying when I'm trying to send an email and I have 3 names for the same person, and I have to find which name has the email linked to it. HELP!
    09-26-08 09:46 AM
    I was told if you load the pre-defined ringtones back on, it will correct the custom ring tone issue. I am going to do it tonight to see of this works.
    That fixed it. Thanks
    09-26-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD